Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@@ extremly rare german WW2 BRANDLÖSCHBOMBE - anti fire bomb

Hi guys,

I have never seen one in reality so far - only on pics 2 times and heared of it. It is a system developed in WW2 in austria - it was given to the army and also to people living in buildings where the risk of air-attack - bombs was big. They were often used in public buildings and army depots to delete the fire in the frist seconds after bombing. It was also put on ammunition to protect it against fire....

It is called " Brandlöschbombe" - you had to throw it into the fire - but had to pull at first a black fuze which was installed into a wooden piece at the bottom. The fuze exploaded and so the content of the bomb covered and deleted the fire - content looking like white sand - lime - non burning substance. This fuze is missing but the harmless "bomb" is sgtill alive and filled with NON toxic or dangerous lime. 100% inert - just for decoration.
    You can read the manual glued on the bomb several times.
    Extremly rare equipment and relic from WW2.
    100% original from WW2 - not dangerous - EXTREMLY rare !!!
    Condition is good - paper is a little damaged - some cuts please look at the pics... not perfect but still good fro this fragile construction - an untocuhed piece!!

It is the first one I saw "live" and probably the last one - probably your only chance to buy such a piece!

Price 449 Euro + shipping - only in europe anyway - payment by bank transfere or paypal + 2,5% fees. Shipping depends on your location between 20 and 30 Euro. Quite heavy piece.

This is the only thing I could find in internet - " a relic from WW2 ":

http://regionaut.meinbezirk.at/wien-...401,42121.html
    Attached Files

the diameter is 18 cm and the heigth is 40 cm including handle
    Attached Files

Comment

pics
      Attached Files

Comment

more
        Attached Files

Comment

the last pics of the unbelievable rare museal piece!
          Attached Files

Comment

SOLD - please delete!

Comment

A question has been raised wrt this item. How can it be wartime? Austria did not exist as a country from the Anschlus until May 1945. Please move this thread to the ordnance table for discussion.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Indeed, this seems to be a plain commercial fire extinguising device, and i doubt it is wartime... it says "Only for use in Austria"... and Austria was not a country during WW2....

Comment

I believe it is wartime piece.

If you do some searches with google for example,you will notice that Erwin Puchner received UK Patent GB532815 (Device For Broadcasting Dry Material By Explosive Force) for this device in 1941.

Pre WW1 Austria was known as Habsburg Empire(Austro-Hungarian)
                  After WW1 Austria was known as Deutschösterreich for less than 1year.
                  Treaty of Saint-Germain 1919 stated that name have to be changed to Österreich.

Later 1938 name changed again.
                  Last edited by jiipee76; 05-02-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jiipee76 View Post
                    I believe it is wartime piece.

If you do some searches with google for example,you will notice that Erwin Puchner received UK Patent GB532815 (Device For Broadcasting Dry Material By Explosive Force) for this device in 1941.

Pre WW1 Austria was known as Habsburg Empire(Austro-Hungarian)
                    After WW1 Austria was known as Deutschösterreich for less than 1year.
                    Treaty of Saint-Germain 1919 stated that name have to be changed to Österreich.

Later 1938 name changed again.
                    Indeed,

So after 1938 the name changed again... And after 1945 it is Österreich again.... and fire fighting equipment was still used..

If between 38-45 there was no "Österreich" then why is it marked on this item? Also, Germany and Austria were one big happy country... so why is it marked "only for use in Austria"..

I think this is postwar, late 40s early 50s...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X