• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this real?

exactly how did these work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnetic-3-kg-HH...QQcmdZViewItem

thanks

The Hafthohlladung 3 was a magnetic antitank mine from the days when men were men! none of this point and shoot with a panzerfaust or panzerschreck this was a case of getting close enough to touch the tank lumbering past you and placing the mine on the armor ,pulling the igniter and running for cover !
    The Hafthohlladung 3 was introduced officially November 12th 1942, weighed 3 kg and its three magnets attatched it to the tank with a strength of 45kg and its hollow charge penertrating capacity was a fearsome 140mm making it a very effective atitank weapon.
    A rare item and the one pictured looks ok. minus cap and pull fuze as are most of these . I think theres a very nice one posted in this section in a thread on mines.
    Regards
    Andrew MG34NZ

Comment

At 1.05minutes there is a good demonstration of the HHl-3 at work.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7SixS9PAw

PC

Comment

lol ground dug....

Comment

and someone risked messing around with it in order to deactivate it

one i found a few years back. The magnets were still just as strong.
          Attached Files
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon thanks for support many underestimate work of deactivation and you have very nice and rare find , it's hard to find it and more complicated to find it in whole condition the metal of HHl is not strong so it's often rusted to big holes to almost none , plate on which magnets too keep decays in the ground, therefore I shall repeat - hard to find in complete condition...
            By the way it was my auction I'm surprised that the offer of the price was so low , I have sold some HHL to Europe much more expensive.
            Here some pictures of my other HHL including training one...

Last edited by jevgenijss; 08-13-2008, 07:16 AM.

Comment

You can see how they worked in the film STALINGRAD (just to make an idea)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul C View Post
                At 1.05minutes there is a good demonstration of the HHl-3 at work.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7SixS9PAw

PC

wow that little video is pretty much a nazi weapons demo....I think they were scraping the bottom just to find a different bomb to blow up each tank with.
                did they really use those "blinder grenades" and the magnetic smoke grenades like that???

it also seems kinnda a waste blowing up those t-34's (why not use them for your own good besides I bet they could have come up with some tank destroyer based on that chassis...it seems they were good at that)

Comment

Seems like a propaganda movie of some sorts ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X