M43 grenade stick oddity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 grenade stick oddity

This looks like some sort of variation of a M43 stick. It is stamped "45 cvy" on the mid section, not, as usual, next to the collar. Tere is a hole drilled, slightly off-centre, in the top of the screw threaded cap, which is fixed to the stick by four puched tags. The hole cotinues on down through the stick, energing at a slot cut in the bottom. There is also a rust-stained screw(?) hole on one side of the ball end of the stick. All of the drilling work looks to have been done before assembly. Has anyone seen this pattern before? Maybe for a very late model of grenade, volkssturm etc.?
    Attached Files

View from the top.
    Attached Files

Comment

Date stamp, easier to read "in the flesh", but still visible here.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
        I saw it on egun. This handle has been additionally modified after the war - for years it served as handle for saw-blade (it was mentioned in seller's description).

Comment

Thank you. My German is not good enough to spot that, it was just interesting to me. Nice to know there are peaceful uses for just about any military equipment! However, it still does not explain the hole through the handle, or does it? Thanks again,
          Kerry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X