2 M24s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 M24s

The yardsale post reminded me that i had two M24s I wanted to post for opinions. One has a different method of attaching the head to the post. I have had the odd grenade sine the early 70s. If anyone has info on the makers I would be interested. Thank you!
    Attached Files

Does anyone know what this indicates?
    Attached Files

Comment

maker stamp on the odd grenade
      Attached Files

Comment

regular grenade
        Attached Files

Comment

The K is taken from the german word Kalt "cold" this is for use in cold conditions, Im not 100% but beleive the explosive was a different compersition to the usual giving more reliability in freezing conditions, the remainder of the ink stamp relates to this compersition and manufacturing date.
          fcc is code for Nier, Hermann, Metallwarenfabrik, Beierfeld in Sachsen
          other looks like brb and is the same manufacturer as the RR grenade in yard sale post
          The regular threaded one is standard M24 the other is an economy version with press formed threads often denoted M39 but some will dispute this designation and will call it a M24 as well, the handle would differ only in having press formed threads also and slightly different dimentions to the machined or regular type. Have a look at the links in the yard sale thread they are very informative.
          two great grenades and always nice to see them
          Regards
          Andrew MG34NZ
          Last edited by MG34NZ; 06-30-2008, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks, the "K" information is interesting. They must be fairly rare, I do not remember seeing one before.

Comment

Wrong handle

Hi,

the handgrenade on the left, with the embossed thread has the wrong wooden stick . the original fitting stick has a different thread - please see my attached picture.

Kind regards,

Ferd
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Ferdinand W.; 08-09-2008, 04:30 AM.

Comment

M24

Correct thread on this one:
                Attached Files

Comment

Good eyes Ferdinand
                  Very interesting
                  Ace

Comment

The handle is original as is the head, not sure what you mean by "wrong" do you mean it is not original or do you mean the stick is for a later model head?

Comment

handle not fitting

Hi - but yes, they are both original but don't fit together. Your wooden handle is for the earlier head-model similar to the one represented on the right of your picture.
                      Your head needs the later model wooden handle shown in my picture.
                      Did you succeed in screwing the head totally to the stick - surely not ?!

K.R.

Ferd

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand W. View Post
                        Hi - but yes, they are both original but don't fit together. Your wooden handle is for the earlier head-model similar to the one represented on the right of your picture.
                        Your head needs the later model wooden handle shown in my picture.
                        Did you succeed in screwing the head totally to the stick - surely not ?!

K.R.

Ferd
                        The head came on the stick probably 30+ years ago. I do not remember anymore, it was from one of my Fathers friends. These were reassembled during the War and after as souvineers. It may have been done at that point. I did not try to change it or remove it and always thought it would not screw on because of the rust on the threads.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X