Mp38 with Granade [deacts]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mp38 with Granade [deacts]

Hi people, finaly got to shoot some shots of my collection.
    So a bit for you to look at, but id like some feedback on the granade as well. Bought it for 10$ cuple of years ago, but I think its authentic.
    + does anyone know what I can do about the green/blue stuff around the buttons on the magazine pouches?

Cheers,
    Chris

sorry but the grenade is as fake as Jordans tits they are being sold by the boxfull at shows here for ******163;33 each the ball and the wood is stained all origionals are bear pine also the screws on the collor were ommitted in about 1940
    Adam

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hi
      I agre, the grenade is a reproduction.

/Jacob
      </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
      </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Hi Chris,
        Very nice looking MP.38 - congrats.....
        Good mag pouches too, i have never seen any all leather examples before...Do they have a maker/date stamp?

Steve.

Comment

Would you believe that MP38's are now being faked! They are being made in the Czech Republic. Two were sold at Beltring last year. I have not seen them, only heard it from a fellow collector who handled one of them. They were priced under the odds.

The verdigris around the studs on the pouches needs to be cleaned off. It will pit the metal in time.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

reidmuller : DAMNIT hehehe, I had a good feeling about that nade but thanks for letting me know

stevezz1 : Thanks mate, I'll check em when I get back to my collection, rite now im livin in a apartment so I only got smal items here, the rest I keep at my old folks house in the basement.... what the hey, cheep storage hehe

Adrian Stevenson : Fakeing mp38?!?! Just reminds me once again to buy as much as I can, cause the longer you wait the higher the prices fly and the more bull**** you find on the market
            Anyway, thanks, Iv been trying to take some off, but theres alot :P hehehe, any suggestions as to what method is the best?

Comment

Hi Chris,

Very nice MP38 !!

Ok with Adrian : there's some fakes ! On last november, it was offering to me an MP38 with some bad parts hidden (very) well ..........

Regards.

Phil

Comment

Hi Chris, I think you can use Olive oil on a cloth to remove the verdigris but don't get it on the leather as I am sure it will stain it.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

U should sell the pouches, becouse they are Norwegian made and used as u know. Then u should bye a pair of autenthic German made mp38/40 pouches.

And when u get tierd of the gun, u can sell it to me
                  Dont have that one in my collection.

Mvh SweSA

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                    Would you believe that MP38's are now being faked!

Cheers, Ade.
                    Hello
                    I can confirm that - some quantity (15-30) of these were sold in Kiev, Ukraine, as the dealer form Austria said.
                    Below you have some pics.

Regards
                    Jacek

Comment

The barrel is from an MP 40, so I assume the 38 is not entirely matching?
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hi John, I have not yet looked at the photos on the Axis history forum, but that confirms what I was told. The barrel's used are MP40 examples. The chap I spoke to said this raised a red flag to him once he started to look at the gun in detail. Why a mis-matched barrel on what appeared to be an otherwise mint gun? He also said the overall fit of the parts seemed "loose".

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi
                          Congrats with the MP-38. Mismatch but original.
                          Grenades are fakes.
                          Pouches are norwegian post war produced for norwegian armed forces.
                          Cheers!

Comment

Adrian Stevenson : Thanks man, I'll try that

SweSA : bah.. I didnt know that they were norwegian! darnit.. hehe, well thanks man I'll look for some original ones, but Im not selling it, what ever I buy I keep BUT I'll let you know if I ever change my mind hehe

jotuntroll : Mismatch you say, but original. Does anyone have any idea how this could be? I mean, does it mean that it has been dis-esembled, maybe changed some damaged parts, and put together or what?

Does anyone know if they were used by the norwegian army after the war and thats maybe how it became mismatched?

It comes as a bit of a shock, I havnt really thought about it, cause I bought this one through a Museum contact so I was, up untill now, 100% sure of its originality.

Thanks alot for interesting replies guys.
                            Chris.

Comment

Chris it is reported that the MP40 was in service with the Norwegian army until the 80's, primarily by armoured troops, I would have thought MP38's would have also been pressed into service uptil then, this could account for the MP40 barrel. Tim.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X