M43 Stickgrenade. Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 Stickgrenade. Real?

I stumbled upon this M43 stickgrenade. According to the seller everything on the stickgrenade is original. But...I have my doubts. The first thing is the splitterring around the head of the grenade. I think this is a fake. Secondly the way the head is fastened to the stick. Very suspicious.
    The photos are bad..I know. I asked for better photos, but didn't get them. These photos was the best he could do. Also strange.

The seller wants 75 euros for it. Opinions on this one are welcome

Thanks,

Frans
    Attached Files

Second photo
    Attached Files

Comment

Third and worst photo.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hallo Frans
        The frag sleve looks like some thing from a Russian grenade.
        Rasmus

Comment

Hi Frans, I think the frag sleeve appears to be from a Soviet RDG33. Not sure if one would fit OK, but it sure looks like one? Note the fitting on the side for the sliding catch.

I can post a pic of one of mine if you need to see one?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
            Hi Frans, I think the frag sleeve appears to be from a Soviet RDG33. Not sure if one would fit OK, but it sure looks like one? Note the fitting on the side for the sliding catch.

I can post a pic of one of mine if you need to see one?

Cheers, Ade.
            Yes Ade, please do! I like to see it.

Frans

Comment

maybe russian RDG33 as Ade says but certanly isent an M43!

Comment

Here they are.

Cheers, Ade.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Ade for showing the Russian stick grenades. The fragmentation sleeve on the "M43" stick grenade looks the same as the Russian frag sleeves. I think we can conclude we have here a Russian frag sleeve on a German M43 stick grenade. Very odd

But, how about the rest of the stick grenade. The seller state the head can not be screwed from the stick. I find the construction the way the head is made to the stick very odd. Or where there different types of handles or heads? I am really confused here.

Frans

Comment

The whole grenade is wrong first off an RDG33 sleve would not fit on an m43 it looks like a fuze stuck to the top of an RDG33 also it looks like on the top it has the hole where you put the fuze in and it dosent have the raised edge in the middle
                    in short 100% not German WW2 and not an M43

Comment

Originally posted by reidmuller
                      The whole grenade is wrong first off an RDG33 sleve would not fit on an m43 it looks like a fuze stuck to the top of an RDG33 also it looks like on the top it has the hole where you put the fuze in and it dosent have the raised edge in the middle
                      in short 100% not German WW2 and not an M43
                      Thanks Reidmuller for your help. I will contact the seller that the buy is off. Thanks to everyone who made time to look at it.

Greetings,

Frans

Comment

definitely nothing pre '45 German about that grenade. boy, you got quick results with this thread. I couldnt even add any info here! Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X