Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German mortar set up?

Hi all
    I was just flicking through a reference work and found a picture of a german mortar crew in action the guys looked pretty busy! Is it possible to buy the mortar launcher deactivated on the market today or are they as rare as rocking horse poo? also can i import a panzerschreck and mortar launcher into uk (deactivated)?
    thanks

Hi Mat, deact mortars are seen for sale over here. Beltring is the best place to find one. The tube will be pinned or have a steel ring welded inside to prevent a round being dropped all the way to the bottom, and the firing pin will be removed.
    Do not attempt to buy one from overseas; deactivation standards are not universal and you will need an import licence so only a firearms dealer could be this.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I have a full 8cm mortar and sight set up. All is original EXCEPT the tube. I would love to get a deact'd one. How do I contact his company?
      V/r
      Paul
      Last edited by PaulR; 05-15-2005, 02:28 PM. Reason: erased question that was answered in previous post

Comment

thanks ade do you have a rough idea of the price these are fetching? Also are these being faked yet?
        cheers
        mat

Comment

I actually saw a REAL one walk into a gun show here in the states about a year ago. Vet brought it back. Wanted to know it's value. Many people were shocked. I saw a REAL MP40 walk into the same show this year. Amazing what the vet brought back then.

Comment

Hi Mat, there are not being faked as yet. Prices on most mortars of this size (WW2 US, Brit and Soviet) run in the £750 to £1000 price bracket. I cannot remember seeing a German example for sale with a price I can recall; too much beer

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I bought an original base plate, ammo crate, and bi-pod off of ebay(of all places) for about 2,200 usd about 2 years ago. I also found an orginal sighting instrument with case for about 500 usd on ebay as well, about a year ago. I had a repro barrel made up for about 80 dollars.

I would love to find a de activated orignal barrel though...

Best regards
              Paul Reck
              Last edited by PaulR; 11-10-2006, 04:12 PM. Reason: Looking for deact barrel

Comment

Here is a pic... All of the original paint was gone so I had it repainted. I use it re-enacting...

Best regards
                Paul Reck
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is the cannister for the sighting system that is on the mortar.

Maybe one day I will be able to find an original cleaning and tool kit along with any other accessories...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by PaulR; 05-22-2005, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Wow thats a great piece!!
                    Im gonna take a look at beltring this weekend if i can get there as time is running out to purchase one of these in the uk

Comment

What are these worth.

Comment

Originally posted by nellyp51
                        What are these worth.

Thank you guys for your comments. Many apologies for the delay as I was out of state on vaction

I was lucky and bought the bi-pod and base plate(well marked) as well as two ammo crates(for 8cm) and a repro barrel for 2,200 usd. I believe that I won a real bargain as I expected to pay more.

About a month later, I won the sight as well as the sight box for 500.00 usd(Ebay as well). I have not seen a German WW2 mortar for sale before or since, so I do not know what the going rate is for such a piece.

I am waiting on ATF to get back to me on rules pertaining to barrels.

Does anyone know what these are worth(mortars) to collectors?

Best regards
                        Paul REck
                        Last edited by PaulR; 11-10-2006, 04:13 PM. Reason: Request for Deact barrel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X