No announcement yet.

various Brennzünder for the german hand grenades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about variations to the delay tubes for the Bz.E.39, has anyone seen different lengths?

I am still trying to figure out how the Übungsladung 30 attached to the inside of the cap on the Eihandgranate 39 Üb. One piece of German literature I read said to attach the Übungsladung 30 to the "short" delay tube. So that makes me think there were different sizes.

It still does not explain how the Übungsladung 30 with a 10mm tube would attach to a 6mm delay tube, but at least it would solve the length issue.

Comment

Originally posted by klarkon View Post
      Everything is possible , but my experience is that the grenades found had "Zünder" of the same vintage as the grenades
      When Hand grenades in a crate (stick and egg) were delivered, the fuses were delivered with them in seperate smaller boxes. So there the year most probably would be same, but I do not think it is a must.

On the other side boxes full of BNZs were found (different types and years), and loose Hand grenades, so this would make a total "mismatch" then.

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
        What about variations to the delay tubes for the Bz.E.39, has anyone seen different lengths?

I am still trying to figure out how the Übungsladung 30 attached to the inside of the cap on the Eihandgranate 39 Üb. One piece of German literature I read said to attach the Übungsladung 30 to the "short" delay tube. So that makes me think there were different sizes.

It still does not explain how the Übungsladung 30 with a 10mm tube would attach to a 6mm delay tube, but at least it would solve the length issue.
        I only know one delay tube, and I have seen many. but Maybe there are different versions……..somehow it must be, or how would a different time delay be managed? Must be the lengh of the tube?
        On the other side, on a red BNZ I have not seen a tube...makes sense as it is "immediate" ignition.
        What About a yellow head?????? It should have a differnet delay tube than a blue head? I do not have one, so I cannot check....

Comment

found this….no different delay tube indicated….
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bergler View Post
            found this….no different delay tube indicated….

Thanks Martin. Can anyone translate the verbiage for #1 in this diagram? Is that the cap, or a threaded piece that adapts the delay tube diameter of 6mm to a larger diameter? If is it an adapter for a larger thread, perhaps it was something like that which adapted the tread size to 10mm to allow connection of the Übungsladung 30?

I can also confirm with the picture below that the delay tubes are the same size on both the Blue and Yellow B.Z.E.39's. So that brings up another question, how was the timing varied between the grey, blue, red, and yellow Brennzünders? Maybe it has to do with whatever #3 is in the diagram above?
            Attached Files

Comment

"how was the timing varied between the grey, blue, red, and yellow Brennzünders? "

Different delays were achieved using different mixtures of delay compound (verzögerungssatz),
              they were faster burning or slower burning.................

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
                Can anyone translate the verbiage for #1 in this diagram?
                "Protective cap"

Comment

" Can anyone translate the verbiage for #1 in this diagram? "

защитный колпачок - protective cap............transport cover.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f4/ea...e0dd668dc5.jpg

Comment

"how was the timing varied between the grey, blue, red, and yellow Brennzünders? "

Different delays were achieved using different mixtures of delay compound (verzögerungssatz),
                    Very good Information, thanks!

Comment

Thanks klarkon, I figured it was something like that, and I knew you would clarify it for us. I appreciate the education.

Originally posted by Reiner View Post
                      "Protective cap"
                      " Can anyone translate the verbiage for #1 in this diagram? "

защитный колпачок - protective cap............transport cover.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f4/ea...e0dd668dc5.jpg

Thank you both for the translation!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X