No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine sidecap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It look like a nice original French-made cap but with a poorly done attempt to replace the eagle (which appears to be an original eagle).

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
      It look like a nice original French-made cap but with a poorly done attempt to replace the eagle (which appears to be an original eagle).
      Agree with all comments.
      Martin

Comment

Thank you very much guys!

Comment

+1
          Nick

Comment

+1

Comment

Thanks, i'm happy that this is original.Thank you all

Comment

Hi
                Please could you explain to me(to learn) how to know that eagles was attacked poorly by the stitches and could we suppose this was a postwar job?
                I thought that those eagles were all hand stitched in period and cockades machine, sewn, isn, t it?
                Thanks
                Fernando

Comment

Hello
                  TYPICAL FRENCH MADE KM SIDECAP in nice condition!
                  Best regards
                  Val

Comment

+1.

Morten.

Comment

Hi
                      Please could you explain to me(to learn) how to know that eagles was attacked poorly by the stitches and could we suppose this was a postwar job?
                      I thought that those eagles were all hand stitched in period and cockades machine, sewn, isn, t it?
                      Thanks
                      Fernando

Happy to answer your question, Fernando. By handling and looking at a lot of original caps with originally applied eagles you learn what to expect to see and what looks suspect. This eagle is placed lower than it typically should be and there is even a bit of thread above it to support this idea. Next, original hand stitching usually leaves little thread to be seen and here we see some rather l o n g stitches which just do not look normal. Another detail is that the stitches are not too close together nor too far apart and here they look a little too far apart. Then there is the thread used. I cannot judge that from these images but the details already mentioned are enough to say the bird has been re-attached. Asi es la experiencia!

Comment

Hi
                        Thanks
                        Fernando

Happy to answer your question, Fernando. By handling and looking at a lot of original caps with originally applied eagles you learn what to expect to see and what looks suspect. This eagle is placed lower than it typically should be and there is even a bit of thread above it to support this idea. Next, original hand stitching usually leaves little thread to be seen and here we see some rather l o n g stitches which just do not look normal. Another detail is that the stitches are not too close together nor too far apart and here they look a little too far apart. Then there is the thread used. I cannot judge that from these images but the details already mentioned are enough to say the bird has been re-attached. Asi es la experiencia!
                        Thanks for your input mi amigo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X