Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure many thousands of items of interest have unfortunately just been chucked away by mistake like your mates.
    Many more were thrown away with full knowledge of their origin.
    That's why this hobby is so compelling and expensive !
    I am concerned about the quality of the items I have mentioned but hope they didn't keep childrens attention for very long and are in decent condition whatever they are.

On another but similar subject my mate had a Leppings Lane End ticket for the Liverpool v Nottingham Forest FA Cup semi final ticket 1989 - the one where 96 fans died in the crush. He kept it with him at all times for good luck, like a religious relic. He got pickpocketed in a day out in London and it was gone. I'm sure the pickpocket didn't realise the relevance of the ticket and it was just discarded. Another piece of history sent to the dump.

Comment

graf spee cap tally

hello all
      let me know how difficult is find a graf spee tally band and so how much is valued aproximatelly.....i hope your kindly responses,regards from spain
      merry christmas and happy new yearhat:

Comment

Here you have the Graf Spee tallyribbon in my collection together with the others from Deutschland and Admiral Scheer: the three pocket battleships in Kriegsmarine.
        Regards
        Greg
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by javi_e View Post
          a friend on mine told me that his grandmother was with a Graf Spee sailor when the ship was here, at my city, in Bilbao (Spain). 10 Nov - 24 Nov 38: Training in Atlantic waters, making port at Bilbao.

he gift she his Tally band but she put it into a book... and it´s lost.
          the books were led to recycling....
          hola javi
          muy interesante tu historia,eres coleccionista de cintas de km por casualidad
          saludos y felices fiestas
          este es mi blog:
          http://l11-velasco.blogspot.com/

Comment

Admiral Graf Spee tally

With such great tally discussions going on, I thought that I would post my example of the Admiral Graf Spee tally.
            I will continue to keep an eye out for one that can be displayed for you NormF

So Here is my tally for submission.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is another shot. This tally is quite long, I couldn't fit it all under the scanner. Thanks.
              JustinG

Oh, the tally has those bits on it. It is not due to a dirty scanner. The obverse looks good, the reverse could have been part of a photo album or something. It is full length.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's the first part.
                Regards,
                JustinG
                Attached Files

Comment

No question that this is an original gold wire tally Justin and rest assured, this one was aboard Graf Spee during the battle. I know it came from one of the sailors from that ship interned in Argentina.

John

Comment

Wonderful tally Justin! Congrats!
                    best wishes,
                    jeff
                    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Thanks Jeff and John

Thanks for the complements.
                      Yes, I did purchase this from a seller who is from Argentina. I am very happy to add this to my collection, this rounds out the Panzerschiff wing of my collection.

Only need the Schlachtschiffs (both) the
                      Kreuzer Blucher, Hipper, Koln, Nurnberg, and more than half of the remaining destroyers and I should be good. Ha Ha Ha.
                      Still searching for that elusive Schnellbootsflotille 1 or 2 tally. I will be patient, one will turn up eventually.
                      To those reading, I'll pay handsomely for one!

Regards,
                      JustinG

Comment

Very nice Congratz Justin with the catch!

Comment

cap tally

Beautiful cap tally!!!

Not my area of collecting but i always love to see nice items.

Cheers

Jeremy

Comment

Here is another one...

Tom
                            Attached Files

Comment

Congrats

Way to go Justin! Yes, I know some day my day will come.

Tom, very nice example there!

Best regards,
                              ---Norm

Comment

Nice work, you really are on a mission to get the collection fully updated

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X