Opinions on this KM Vessel Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this KM Vessel Clock

Hi guys.....all my life i have wanted a KM bulkhead clock...could you please give me your opinion......

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1006274

Thanks in advance.....

any body...

please

Comment

I am only giving my observations. I don't care for the deep strike with thick swastika on the plate. That is just my observation. My opinion is wait for others. There are some great people with some good experience. Better to buy something that gets a consensual good thumbs up from more knowledgeable folks.

JustinG

Comment

No problem with this clock. A good one...

Comment

One reply aginst, wording caution...one in favor.... Any other?

Ill as seller for more detailed photo of eagle and numbers.....

Comment

I've hesitated to write anything as while I collect KM and did research and buy a clock myself a few years ago, there are others on this forum who know 100 times more about them than I do. I was hoping they'd step forward.
            As they haven't yet, a few observations. I'm not 100% sure about the eagle, the stamping of which looks a bit strange. It may just be an artifact of the photo, but it also looks like there's a suspicious discoloration / rubbing around the number. On the other hand the backing plate looks right.
            If I were a potential buyer I'd sit down and do some serious time googling "fake kriegsmarine clocks" and similar word combinations and see what you find.
            There are some good fakes out there, but I seem to remember from my time looking that there are also some really good analysis of them on-line, quite possibly elsewhere on this forum. Get creative with your search terms and best of luck with it. If it is a good one and in good working order his price is quite sensible.
            Keith

Comment

The clock is 100 % original. The eagle belongs to the second generation on a brass dial like it should be. I explain all three eagle generations in my book - and also the Luftwaffe eagle. For more questions just drop me a PM... Regards, Florian

Comment

Florian - I didn't realise your handle on WAF was AFX2000 so didn't pay a lot of attention to your first post.
                Spanish Friewillige, you've got the expert opinion you need. Sounds like a good one!
                Best of luck
                Keith

Comment

Thank you all for your aid and advice......

So we could say good one yes....?

Comment

question.....was this type of bulckhead clocks specific to U boats or common to any KM vessel...?

Comment

All kind of vessels

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                        All kind of vessels
                        Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X