Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visor and donald duck caps opinions

Good day, Gentlemen!

These pieces were offered to me by russian seller.
    Honestly I'm not well experienced and headgear, so I would be really pleased for any help.

I've asked him for additional pics already, but now i have only these ones.

Regards
    Den
    Attached Files

more visor cap
    Attached Files

Comment

donald duck cap photos:
      Attached Files

Comment

+
        Attached Files

Comment

Not for me any of them, IMO not original
          Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Hallo Den

I agree with Eduardo.

The visor: I don't like the Sprengpfeil's logo and I think postwar.

Best regards

Comment

Thanks a lot, Guys! I trust you!
              However, I still don't mind hearing any more opinions) what's exactly wrong with them e .t. c.

Regards
              Den

Comment

I agree with the others. The Tellermuetze has clearly been a visor cap with the visor (rather crudely) cut off.
                Martin

Comment

Wow, sad to hear that.. thank you anyway!

Regards
                  Den

Comment

Why is the sailor cap bad? It appears to me to be a normal sailor cap with the normal edge top and bottom where the tally wraps in, plus the support thread on the side. Not sure what the back looks like.

I do not see where the visor was cut off either.

The tally is fine, but I have no idea when the cap itself was made or used, pre war, wartime or post war. Very hard to determine and unless it has some other indicators of period wear, I keep away from them.

In any case, would like further information on it.

In the case of the visor, I would also post it on the visor forum. John

Comment

[QUOTE=John Robinson;8451627]Why is the sailor cap bad? It appears to me to be a normal sailor cap with the normal edge top and bottom where the tally wraps in, plus the support thread on the side. Not sure what the back looks like.

You can clearly see in the front the special sewing of a visor with a piece
                      of wool added for more comfort " Stirndruckfrei" .
                      Never seen that on a Sailor cap ?
                      The Schirmmütze is a classical postwar cap with plastic trimming on the visor ,
                      not a war material one .
                      Nick

Comment

And IMO a post war cap was used for the Sailor cap ...
                        Nick

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                          Why is the sailor cap bad? It appears to me to be a normal sailor cap with the normal edge top and bottom where the tally wraps in, plus the support thread on the side. Not sure what the back looks like.

Not quite sure how to explain where the visor was cut off without making it sound sarcastic, which is not my intention.. but there's clearly an extra layer at the front between the body of the cap and the liner, exactly where a visor is normally located.

The threads to keep the tally in place are also placed way too far forward. Not sure what's going on with the liner, but something doesn't look right there either.
                          Best things to do is leave it where it is, there's plenty of undisputed nice originals out there, generally reasonably affordable.
                          All IMHO of course.
                          Martin

Comment

Ok, good analysis. Visor definitely bad. John

Comment

I just think a lot of work went into transforming visor to sailor cap to include retaining threads on the side. Like to see back of cap to examine threads there and knot. What I am trying to say is that if done postwar it was quite a project for a relatively common tally. Therefore possible done wartime unless analysis indicates postwar frame. John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X