Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your KM overseas cap(French made)

Hi alls

I wanted to show here you my first KM bordmütze,I wanted to start my collection with a french made one:"Chapeliere Parisenne" and I found this one from Emedals,well i have seen searching a lot of info these days about these french sidecaps and really I could not find a lot of info here in WAF and etc.

About my sidecap is in a good shape and apart here dealear told me than they pick it up from a show in the USA and commented to me too that eagle and cockade were original but eagle was hand stitched postwar and cockade(machine sewn) came in origin with the cap but I wonder:
    why dealer knows for sure than this eagle is stitched postwar if he did not stitch himself the eagle(I asked about this possibility and he told me it came so from the USA show)
    I don,t want convince myself for sure than all(eagle and cockade)were in origin to the cap but at the point I knew the most eagle were hand stitched and cockade machine stitched onto the KM sidecaps but how a person can confirm for sure than eagles were from origin onto the caps or not
    I read about these french made caps than french workers sometimes sewn the eagles hand made and not very good sewn

Here are the pics from my cap including any with natural light

Now I attatched here pics from others french made caps than I found here to compare with mine because I could see here same eagles and I wonder if those embroidered eagles match perfectly with my cap and the others

I would like to thank you all in advance for your inputs about those questions I posted here
    Last edited by L11-VELASCO; 05-09-2019, 08:25 AM.

I have just found this one where this time both insignias are very close to mine as you could see

Comment

Well when I received the cap today I could see at natural light both insignias matches perfectly and I asked to the dealer again(at first he told eagle was applied postwar) for the eagle again and he stated than is period applied in war

Comment

Even on german made side caps you have machine sewn cockades and hand sewn eagles , no problems ...
        Nick

Comment

A really nice sidecap my friend.

Regards,
          André

Comment

For me answer is simple - in Wehrmacht (Krigsmarine) cap chase.
            Eagle has as base one fixsed layer of woll and cap woll and cotton interrior, but cockade has only one layer of woll. (As example.)
            On german tailoring standards it was not desirable to see a stitches insignia to passing through cotton background.
            For these are two solutions for these situation - hand stitching or machine - but only in the chase when insignia was in the start stitched on woll, before adding cotton interrior.

My French made (And French reworked.) coastal artillery overseas cap.

Schlange

I'm looking for mint german straight shovel entrenching tool.
            schlange88@outlook.com

https://mojalbum.com/schlange88

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=916564

Comment

Originally posted by Schlange View Post
              Eagle has as base one fixsed layer of woll and cap woll and cotton interrior, but cockade has only one layer of woll. (As example.)
              On german tailoring standards it was not desirable to see a stitches insignia to passing through cotton background.
              For these are two solutions for these situation - hand stitching or machine - but only in the chase when insignia was in the start stitched on woll, before adding cotton interrior.

Schlange

schlange88@outlook.com

Sorry I don,t know what you really mean even using translator,please could you explain to me again more clear

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by NOR_collector View Post
                A really nice sidecap my friend.

Regards,
                André
                Hej André
                cap was in good shape when I bought it in the site but this shape is even better in hands(near mint)and I could see these french made have a lot of variations,some like mine(Eagle embroidered and bevo Eagle) and embroidered cockade and bevo Eagle,german eagles,etc and I posted here a few examples with same combinations that mine

Takk

Comment

Originally posted by Schlange View Post

Schlange

schlange88@outlook.com

Hi Schlange

I read your post trying to find sense and may be I could to know what you mean in your post
                  Well you suggest than looking inside my cap(the cotton background) if eagle was applied in period... It should not have stitching point inside passing through the background???
                  Is it what you mean?
                  I was searching carefully those stitching inside passing through the cotton and there are not in my cap
                  Thanks in advance
                  Fernando

Comment

Yes, german tailoring standards it was not desirable to see a insignia applied to cap passing through side cap cotton background.
                    So for these chase there are two solutions - hand stitching or machine one - but only in the chase when insignia was in the start stitched on base woll, before adding cotton interrior.
                    Cockade has only woll as background, so i can be always applied by machine.

Schlange

schlange88@outlook.com

Comment

Im sharing now this one for an officer

commerce bank atm near me

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X