Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original KM metal kitchen utensils

Hi.

I wanted to start this thread since there is an ongoing discussion whether metal kitchen utensils was KM marked or not. IMO they had markings as everything else that the KM had. Yes there are for sure a lot of fakes out there, but that does not mean that everything is fake.

As we already know, the German Wehrmacht (KM, LF etc.) marked almost everything they made or could get their hands on. In Norway we still find paintings, dressers, tables, chairs, mirrors etc. that the germans bought or sometimes took/stole from Norwegian households and marked with KM eagles to make it their own. Today we find these kitchen items, tables, chairs etc. in normal households and companies where they are still in normal use. I have seen a big variation between the different kind of KM eagles, especially when it comes to the KM branding irons that was used on furnitures. There was a lof of KM activity in Norway during the war so that is why there are so many items left behind from them here.

I have this ladle in my collection and this one was found here in Norway and this one has a KM stamp. I know that this one is original since I know where it was found andalso because IMO the eagle looks correrct. I don't have any evidence of why it is marked with KM eagle since I was not there when they market it, but that does not make it a fake.

Regards,
    André
    Attached Files

Very interesting André. For reference, could you provide the dimensions of the KM stamp in millimetres?

There are a myriad of different marks apparent on the internet so it's important to develop a database of originals with decent provenance behind them. All the marks floating around (whether genuine or not) seem to have a Roman style "M" rather than the Gothic. Have you seen that particular mark with the Gothic "m" on others?

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Last edited by Norm F; 05-02-2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

100% good and known wariant. I seen fev of them and 2 dig up - this same marker and eagle.

Comment

Here is the size of the eagle.

Regards,
        André
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X