Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous "U-boat" items

Hello Gents,

I thought it might be interesting to have a thread showing the most ridiculous and or grotesque fake and/or falsely attributed U-boat items to hit the market. If others are interested I'll even give a modest prize to the best entrant at the end of a year. That said - I think my own offering below will take some beating.

The idea first came to me a few years ago when I noticed an eBay seller in Canada offering the weirdest assortment of junk, all of which he claimed had come from a captured U-boat. If I remember rightly he started with a few plausible items, but as he quickly ran out of stuff, and the fools kept paying, it looked as if he just started visiting the local charity shop, grabbing whatever he could, no matter how crazy, and posting it as "said to have come from U-whatever-it-was." In the end it was downright bizarre, really dumb stuff like "U-boat commander's daughter's dolls house captured from U-whatnot" etc. I really wish I'd copied some of the listings.

Anyway, I was cruising eBay today and say the garish treasure below. It will take some beating but .... do your best. Thanks
    Attached Files

some beginner will pay crazy money anyway for this *.
    Thank you for sharing

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
    X