KM cockade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM cockade

Hello, did the KM ever use a national cockade embroidered on a dark blue wool backing instead of bevo? I was offered an overseas hat for an EM with the cockade machine attached to the hat. The manufacturer is C A Hoffmann or G A Hoffmann Berlin. I appreciate any help. The hat has a bevo eagle machine stitched to a dark backing that is hand stitched onto the hat.
    Thanks

Pictures pictures pictures!!!!Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by 44Stephen View Post
      Hello, did the KM ever use a national cockade embroidered on a dark blue wool backing instead of bevo? I was offered an overseas hat for an EM with the cockade machine attached to the hat. The manufacturer is C A Hoffmann or G A Hoffmann Berlin. I appreciate any help. The hat has a bevo eagle machine stitched to a dark backing that is hand stitched onto the hat.
      Thanks
      I've already seen three or four Kriegsmarine EM o/s caps with a machine embroidered cockade, one was of French (?) manufacture with a white circular maker's stamp. Is the cockade on a ribbed cloth? The hat maker should be GA Hoffmann. A cloth backed woven eagle sound strange. Definitely, pics are called for.

Comment

For Stephen
        Attached Files

Comment

maker mark
          Attached Files

Comment

As disprovable as this remark may be, GA Hoffmann’s maker stamp had typefaces of a different style and quite narrower.
            Still I wonder why stitching the cap eagle to a wool backing and then apply the whole thing to the cap. A refinement not to be found on ordinary, mass produced, issue headgear.
            The embroidery of the cockade imitates the “BEVo” weave, a feature common to approximate “BEVo”-woven look-alikes.
            I have some doubts on this one and I'd rather have a classic specimen with both "BEVo" insignia stitched the usual way and preferably witha BAK or BAW depot stamp inside.

Comment

IMHO Fake hat and eagle..probably the cockade also...SADLY
              BILLBERT

Comment

A cap not for me.

Comment

Agree with previius comments. Not comfortable with it.
                  Martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X