My second German Uniform : U boat Oberleutnant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My second German Uniform : U boat Oberleutnant

Hi Guys, I got a lot of good feedback the last time I requested info (like 8 years ago) about My First German Uniform..Panzer Grenadier. in case your interested:

( http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=426096&page=4 )

Well, I just got me another uniform at auction and I was wondering if you guys would take a look and let me know what you think. I think it looks ok but i want to get some expert opinions . The owners name sewn in the inside left but thats about it. No makers tags. There is some strange thread residue or something on the right side to and in the inside color It has the loops for a metal breast eagle and a sub assault cloth badge with silver thread on the pocket .The buttons are removable and are marked Kriegsmarine 1938. The shoulder boards are coming un stitched but it should be an easy fix. Ill post a bunch of pics...if you want something particular photographed, let me know..also, Im on the lookout for a real
    Kriegsmarine metal breast eagle in decent shape to go with this jacket that wont break me. Somebody help a broke collector out!! lol Thanks in advance for the info guys!

[IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

heres some more pics :

The u-boat badge is for sure 100% fake the rest i don't know better pics are recommendable

Comment

This don't look good.

Comment

It should be a tropical jacket of prewar pattern for senior NCOs and officers of the Kriegsmarine.
        I’d rather see some pictures of the cuffs, of the back and of the inside as macro images of the buttons are of little help.
        The Submarine Badge looks like a well known repro dating back to the ‘80s.
        At a glimpse the jacket don’t impress me much.

Comment

The patch has the silver metallic thread in it and I though that would be real..It looks just like one I found for sale on a dealer sight that was unissued, uncut "original"..guess its fake too..and he wanted like $400 for iit. Oh well...anyway. Here are some more pics. 1-7 were posted. The rest are new. Thanks again for looking http://www.armystuff.org/uniform2/

Comment

For me base tunic has all the traits for a war time KM so called brown uniform,
            which came in many shades....it has the proper pocket shapes, shoulder slits for
            T-boards etc...
            Yeah the Uboot badge is an embellishment and as already noted (most likely )
            a repro badge...These have been around a long time. Nice uniform otherwise.
            Attached Files

Comment

Man, I hope atleast the tunic is real..at this point, Im just hoping its worth what I paid for it Have any idea what this thing is worth? is it worth another $75+ to get a KM eagle for the chest? (fyi, just added some more pics to the folder listed in my previous post) again thanks for the info.

Comment

48RMC, or anybody else, can you tell me how to tell its fake..do you happen t0 have any pics of an original. Id like to learn for next time. Thanks!
                Last edited by armystuff; 12-09-2017, 01:34 PM. Reason: ment for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by armystuff View Post
                  48RMC, or anybody else, can you tell me how to tell its fake..do you happen t0 have any pics of an original. Id like to learn for next time. Thanks!
                  There is no known original KM badge in Bevo-style wire thread. Here’s a past thread on these which contains links to previous threads as well.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=868288

Best regards,
                  —Norm

Comment

Wow, Thanks Norm..That was a very interesting thread/s. The patch, what little I know, looks good to me but if there were never any made, well, its a fake. Like I said om my first post, there is a guy that sells military stuff on the web and has one of these uncut and is asking something like $400.. and its just like mine..lol atleast I didnt pay near that for the whole thing. What do you think about the rest of the jacket. The strange stitch pattern on the inside puzzles me. why is it there? thanks again

Comment

What colour has the jacket ? Is it dyed ? Looks like dark blue or black ?
                      I am sceptical about the whole set.....

Comment

I'm no expert on uniforms, but I agree with Nick that the construction looks correct for the summer uniform or the brown uniform, regardless of the colour. Some of the photos suffer from different indoor lighting and flash effects, but I assume the colour is brownish-green? It would help to take some photos in daylight.

Here's a past thread on the brown uniform:
                        http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...d.php?t=739982

(Also, uploading some more of your photos before they're lost from the host server.)

Best regards,
                        ---Norm
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Norm F; 12-10-2017, 10:24 AM.

Comment

more of armystuff's photos.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X