Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bismarck Medal? Table Medal? Necklace Piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bismarck Medal? Table Medal? Necklace Piece?

Everyone that Ive showed this too thus have have absolutely no clue as to what this was. It has two holes, possible to be hung on something. I have no doubt in my mind its original as it came out of a large collection with provenance but posting to make sure. Maker marked on the reverse, thanks for looking! Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

It looks like one of the many Volksmarch Medals from the 70's/80's that featured ships and personalities from the 3rd Reich ear. Naturally no Swastika's on any of them. They usually hung from the black, red, gold (scwarz, Rot, Senf !) ribbon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
        It looks like one of the many Volksmarch Medals from the 70's/80's that featured ships and personalities from the 3rd Reich ear. Naturally no Swastika's on any of them. They usually hung from the black, red, gold (scwarz, Rot, Senf !) ribbon.
        Could be, but the problem is that this thing is large and very heavy, heavier then volksmarch medals, and none of the directories ive seen list this medal, or any volksmarch medals being made by this maker. Few if any volksmarch items were maker marked. I deal alot of metals (part time job), and this piece (zinc) has the right patina / corrosion to be period. Ive also been told this could be a day medal or something given out at a special event. Quite frankly this has every collectors Ive shown it to stumped.

Comment

Concur 100% with Kondor. Volksmarch or Fest medal. Same rough construction and details. Certainly no way a period piece in my humble opinion. Joe

Comment

Here you go! Not the Bismark, but what I was talking about with the maker on the back.
            Attached Files

Comment

Best I could do on the maker. I want to say 1977-79.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ah well, I was hoping for an original but thanks for the info!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X