R.R. Cap Tallies Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.R. Cap Tallies Collection

To comemorate two new additions arrived today. Like JustinC and JustinG, I create this permanent thread to show the collection evolution.

The first one is my first U-Boot related tally, the "U=Begleitschiff Saar":

The second is very salty and not in the best shape. But due it's rarity, I think it's acceptable until I find another in better condition. The "Panzerchiff Admiral Graf Spee":

The collection today:

Panzerschiffs

Linienschiffs

Kreuzers

Zerstörers

Other Ships

Other Tallies

And all family reunited:

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Comment

Nice start.
      Really amazed with the damage to the Spee that it hasn't caused more damage to the letters.
      If the price was good, then it is not bad. Saw one sold on ebay.de recently go for around $250USD.

These are quite addictive.

Regards,
      JustinG

Comment

Hi,

Three new additions arrived today:

- A Torpedoboot Albatros with a little damage and a short tip. It's a provisory one in collection until a better one surfface.

]

- The same WWII Linienschiff Schlesien in it's imperial time version.

And the Linienchiff Hessen in Gothic Letters:

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Comment

Hi Ricardo,

Nice work mate!! A little salty but definitely been there and taken to the waters thats for sure!!

Keep up the good work, I love a tally collection when it comes together!!

Only the Deutschland to go with the panzerschiffe, thats the easiest to get I reckon!

Cheers

JustinC

Comment

Great collection, thanks for showing...

Comment

Very nice collection of undervalued items. I love the captallies, specially these with the name of ships, and I think in the future their price and interest for collectors will grow up a lot.
              Thank you for showing Ricardo.
              Last edited by John R.; 02-22-2014, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Two new tallies arrived this weekend, a Torpedoboot Falke:

And another Linienschiff Schlesien without extended tips:

Comment

Nice couple. Now you have both, the Reichsmarine and the Kriegsmarine issue of the Schlesien

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorio Torres View Post
                    Nice couple. Now you have both, the Reichsmarine and the Kriegsmarine issue of the Schlesien
                    Yes, that was the idea behind this purchase. May be some day I'll find the SMS Schleswig=Holstein too.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Comment

Two new aditions in collection:

The 1st one is a worn sample from Kreuzer Blücher with about 140,0cm long:

The 2nd is a worn sample too from Aviso Grille with about 42,0cm long, probably removed from a cap.

This tally arrived with this interesting picture from two sailors wearing Aviso Grille cap tallies and a Officer. I have no idea if this picture belonged originally from the 1st tally owner or it was put together after by a collector. I'm not sure too if it's periode printed or if it's a modern copy made from a original negative. This size looks strange for me (6,0cm X 8,5cm), I thik it's too little. Has someone opinions about it?

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Comment

Nice additions

The Blücher is not that easy to find. A couple of holes but otherwise it looks good.

The Aviso has been shortened in order to be sewn on to something, a pillow probably. That's my guess.

The photo looks new and fresh but I'll pass on that.

Otherwise nice collection you've got by now!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank K View Post
                          Nice additions

The Blücher is not that easy to find. A couple of holes but otherwise it looks good.

The Aviso has been shortened in order to be sewn on to something, a pillow probably. That's my guess.

The photo looks new and fresh but I'll pass on that.

Otherwise nice collection you've got by now!

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your words.

Yes Blücher tally is a little bit fragile and there are some few holes but the lettering is perfect.

I agree with you, Aviso has been shortened in order to be sewn on to something. But why a pillow? Is it a kind of tradition to sew tallies at a pillow? I'm curious about it.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Comment

Hi Ricardo, you're welcome!

About the pillow - can't say for sure. Have seen a number of photos of these and usually it looks like a retired sailor made a souvenir pillow out his badges, tallies, insignia etc.

There were no glass cabinets from Ikea back then so this was how you displayed the career

Comment

Nice additions. A said the Blücher is a rare one. The photo is a nice thing to keep though. There are not too many shots of sailors wearing the Grille Mützenband.
                              As also commented, these are very delicate and should be handled with care. The treads coming out is usually from tension, either from framing/display. Just be careful.

Nice pick ups.

Regards,
                              JustinG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X