U-534 Enigma rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-534 Enigma rotors

I've won two "M"-marked Enigma rotors yesterday.
    It's been advertised as from U-534.

Not much to say. A great pieces of history, and a true relic for every Uboot-related collection.

Now I need another special display
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here is the link about U-534 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-534

It's really outstanding feel to have these in hand, and think about all the messages passed through them.

U-534 wasn't a killer Uboot, but for sure was the part of Ubootwaffe...

Comment

and here is the photo taken from Liberator during the attack on U-534 on 5. May 1945 ;-)
            Attached Files

Comment

I'd like to hear how do you guys think it would be best to present these extraordinary pieces. I got the suggestion to make a real wooden box, put a photo of the machine on the bottom and somehow (with clear perspex sheet, possible) put the rotors where they would sit in a real life.

It is nice, but I thing there are more nice things to think about.

Also, if I go the suggested way, where to find the box dimensions?

Comment

Contact the person who runs this site and he can probably give you the information you seek:

http://w1tp.com/4sale/

JAndrew

Comment

Thanks!

I found even more interesting page:
                  http://www.cryptomuseum.com/kits/eni...index.htm#case

Comment

And here is the rest of the treasure I arranged to buy. I'll drink to death because of this ;-). Three other rotors, amongst which also nr. VI and nr. VIII, very rare ones.
                    Enjoy
                    Attached Files

Comment

and the last one:
                      Attached Files

Comment

U-534 was raised here in Denmark in 1993, by a rich fellow, it was sunk northeast of the island Anholt, it was believed that it contained a lot of value treashures, but unfortunately not. It was later brought to England.

Greetings from Denmark
                        Henrik

Comment

i believe as you have some rotors , a good solution is to present them in the
                          wooden spare box where they are stowed , as only 4 are used , and change
                          daily , the other stay in box . you can show the best part of the rotors that can be seen from outside
                          it's an other solution an you don't need to build the enigma cabinet
                          pierre

Comment

I have 5 out of 8, indeed, and my source doesn't have any more.

Making a box is not a bad thing, really.

I also have some other rare Enigma things to include with the box. Photo of that is below.

It's a lock system and two steel "sliders" for the lid (don't know exact name in English):
                            Attached Files

Comment

about these enigma parts , i had seen them on ebay , i believe it's not from enigma
                              first it's not marine as the marine enigma has a cover that you can
                              withdrawn , and in my 3 rotors enigma it's not what you show on the picture , it can come from any german case
                              found strange that the museum in england is selling such parts from U 534
                              pierre

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X