KA Admiral tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KA Admiral tunic

Hello, I arranged the new purchase, this time of a very rare (the only other I've seen is in Eduardo's collection) Kriegsmarine coastal artillery Vizeadmiral tunic, with beautiful blue collar patches and nice shoulder boards.

Unfortunately, the moth-banditten had a party and left a few traces on the eagle and the collar (nothing much for a piece this old, but still a bit visible).

And here are the few photos:
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thats an exclusive specimen. The first i've ever recall viewing. Thank you for sharing this interesting example.

-Ray-

Comment

After a change of PMs with some other collectors, it seems it's not that great as it looks for a collector with my level of experience.

We'll see, it's not paid yet, so I need some time to study it better...

Comment

I know this one for a while since is for sell for a long time now. IMO not an original Admiral tunic, as usual Heer configuration tunic, not a red flag but means taht could be an original officer tunic remade as Admiral, well used tunic with almost mint shoulder boards made in celleon, that rare in the KM, collar patches are IMO not originals, not General-Admiral eagle quality with some moth damage, ...
              Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

OK, thanks a lot Eduardo, your opinion is always highly appreciated.

I will repeat my concerns also here, just to makee a small stdy out of this.

As there were really just few KA admirals who were permitted to wer such tunic, and taking into account that the one from your collection, which we can take as no-doubt originaal and a strong reference, it should be possible, if not obvious, that all non-private tailored items were remade Heer ones, made of the period tunics and insignia.

I do not mind if this is a composed tunic, al long as it's all-period and no post-war insignia or parts ().

Now, the collar patches on your tunic look completely different, but let'ss aasume that your collar patches were also possibly private-purchases made especially for that one tunis, so that's the reason why they are so much more beautiful and better made.

Underlay on your shoulder boards are much lighter than on this I posted, and here: http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Navy...20Insignia.htm

We can see Vizeadmiral celleon shoulder boards with dark blue KM underlay, just like the ones on the tunic we see here, since on your tunic it's much lighter, which leads mee to beelieve that your tunic's houlder boards are also private-purchase made especially to be consistent with your tunic's collar patches.

Collar patches here have the same blue cloth as seen on collar patches of Collani jackets, since on yours it's different.

Thus, I must say that I allow the place to believe that your tunic is one-off piece, made especially for a certain person as a private purchase, out of best materials etc., since the one shown here is possibly Heer tunic remade, with available insignia and materials whic helped to make an Admiral Tunic out of Heer one.

Of course, my main concern still is to get a proof that all the parts are Non-UV active, especially shoulderboards which look pretty new.

Comment

Hello, as I said I don't like this tunic, IMO is not an original WW2 Admiral oen.

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                  Now, the collar patches on your tunic look completely different, but let'ss aasume that your collar patches were also possibly private-purchases made especially for that one tunis, so that's the reason why they are so much more beautiful and better made.

... Collar patches here have the same blue cloth as seen on collar patches of Collani jackets, since on yours it's different.
                  The backing of the collars and the shoulders has to be cornflower blue but you can find different colors, darker or lighter. As I said IMO these collars are not original, I don't like the backing and the embroidered in too poor for me.

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                  Underlay on your shoulder boards are much lighter than on this I posted, and here: http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Navy...20Insignia.htm

We can see Vizeadmiral celleon shoulder boards with dark blue KM underlay, just like the ones on the tunic we see here, since on your tunic it's much lighter, which leads mee to beelieve that your tunic's houlder boards are also private-purchase made especially to be consistent with your tunic's collar patches.
                  Cellon shoulder on KM garments could be OK but they are not the usual, anyway in this case the base of the shoulder in dark navy blue is not corect for a feldgrau Admiral tunic, as I said it has to be in light blue.

Anyway as always is just my opinion, original officer tunic with aded badges, and some of them not original.
                  Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                  Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Yes, I agree. Someone put celleon boards with dark blue underlay, which is for blue uniform and can be found more easily.

Whatever, I am not buying this one, as for the price I can get few very nice items for my collection ;-)

thanks,

Eduardo.

Comment

I think that's a very smart move.
                      Don
                      Last edited by John R.; 05-13-2012, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X