Admiral Hipper Plaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admiral Hipper Plaque

I bought a collection, recently, and found this to be of interest. It is a period shield of the Admiral Hipper. I guess sailors could buy these. What makes it better than the other one I have is the makers label, on the reverse.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Verso
    Attached Files

Comment

Maker's label
      Attached Files

Comment

Thats nice, I have seen a few of these come up of late... Not sure I would collect them specifically but still great pieces
        If I had my own war room to hang them in then I'd consider but that ain't gonna happen unfortunately

Comment

Really interesting, As others have posted these plaques, the Prinz Eugen was listed in the WAF estand recently, now the Hipper... When it rains, it pours, and these come out of the woodwork.

I agree with Trance Eyes, A nice award, but difficult and not sure if I personally will ever get that far in to collecting these items.

I do like it. Thanks for sharing. Can you tell us how you got this?

Regards,
          JustinG

Comment

Admiral Hipper

Hi Bob,
            Great item! I really love these KM nick-nacks. BTW, it is amazing all of the KM stuff we now have in the land locked state of Arizona.

Regards,
            Jody

Comment

Schiffswappen

While on the topic of ships' plaques, there are a couple of sales right now on ebay.de both from the same vendor, said to be from 1938 -- one for an Admiral Graf Spee plaque and another for the Emden.
              Regards,
              ---Norm
              Attached Files

Comment

I also know of another german collector who has a few for other ships too... I'll list them when I get a chance

Comment

This is the original "Wappen" that was in one of the officers cabins on board the "Hipper".
                  My grandfather was an LI on that ship from '43

Comment

The "Wappen" as it hung in the officers cabins on board the "Hipper"

Comment

Very interesting, thanks for posting these family artifacts. John

Comment

Fascinating items!
                        Cheers, Steve
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------
                        "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X