Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horst Wessel Tally

Greetings collectors,

In my travels I've come across this Tally through Wittmann.

Having a close educated look this appears not to be an original as stated and indeed a copy. Looking back through the knowledge base on Tallies Pt 1 I also surmise this to be a good copy - 70's?

http://www.wwiidaggers.com/26540.htm

Opinions please for reference

90`s.
    The long, "sharp" s was not used by the manufacturer since this letter was abandoned by the Federal German Navy in 1957 until mid 1990 years. Then a german collector (i know this bloody Schweinehund ) ordered some thousands of remakes of early federal german tallies and told the manufacturer the correct use of this "s".

Regards
    Markus

Comment

Seeing these reproduction tallies makes me so angry. Good People getting skunked.
      Thanks for the insight CSForrester.
      Thanks for posting and sharing Trance Eyes.

Regards,
      JustinG

Comment

I just sent him an email regarding this information. As he is not a renowned Tally dealer I'd say it got past him....??? Either way only worth a pittance of the asking price!

Comment

Nothing more is needed besides this image of the reverse.
          Attached Files

Comment

His description shows the unmistakable signs of a landlubber. Cap cords? Hatbands?

Calling a ship a "thing" and using the article "the" in front of a ship's name? Time to walk the plank.

In addition, Eagle was not captured, she was part of German war reparations to the US.
            John
            Attached Files
            Last edited by John R.; 08-05-2009, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X