Kriegsmarine Insignia book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Insignia book

Looking for Kriegsmarine insignia book with emphasis on KM tallies.

If you know of one, please let me know.

Regards,
    2dresq907

Hello,

I know that Headgear of Hitler's Germany volume one has all the Kriegsmarine tallies.

Comment

As well as the above mentioned,tallies are also covered in "Die Kriegsmarine Vol.2" by Angolia and Schlicht.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Also there is a book specifically focusing on Tallies...

Reference -
        Attached Files

Comment

It goes through and lists them all, apprently there are a few minor mistakes but I'm not sure what they are yet. Its the little bible on the subject.

Example -
          Attached Files

Comment

Both books are about all that is currently out there. However, remember the tally area is also one in which you need to know what you are doing or you will end up with a lot of fakes. Each book has numerous errors but like I said, they are all you have right now. Neither book explains what makes a tally period or not. They really only attempt to list the primary tallies that existed, in reality, hundreds more than what they listed were made prior to the beginning of the war. After the war started, most but not all tallies said "kriegsmarine" even though the named tallies were worn until replaced by the "kriegsmarine" tally. No ship named tallies were issued after the war started.

The first lesson is that there is no Tirpitz or Bismarck tallies.

In the future, a definitive book is going to be published, perhaps this year, in Germany which will be a great addition to the field for those that collect KM tallies.

The Imperial tally book has already been published by the same authors, one of whom is a member of this forum.

John

Comment

Here is a reference to the fore mentioned Headgear of Hitlers Germany Vol 1.

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Other...s/R000958.html

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post

In the future, a definitive book is going to be published, perhaps this year, in Germany which will be a great addition to the field for those that collect KM tallies.

John
                John,

i do not even collect tallies,yet.
                This book sounds like a must for the library,though.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X