White Backed Kreigs breast eagle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Backed Kreigs breast eagle?

I have here a white wool backed Kriegsmarine bullion breast eagle, It is thought to be possibly off the white summer uniform or could this be from the white formal evening jacket..perhaps a Generals or is it something much more common would really appreciate all opinions.

Regards Greg
    Attached Files

pic1

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Greg,

Please post your INSIGNIA questions and sales in the respective forums. Thanks.
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hello Greg,
        Sorry but this breast eagle does not look original to me. My knowledge in cloth insignia is very limited though, so please wait to hear from more experienced insignia collectors. The details added with black thread make this eagle and wreath look unlike any originals I have ever seen. I hope I'm wrong.
        Best regards! Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thanks Tom for your opinion, it was recently aquired by a friend of mine so I'm posting it on his behalf. I put it here thinking it might get a better responce from the Kreigsmarine Guys who probably have seen many more types. I will also post this in the insignia forum as Frank has suggested ( Forgive me Frank).

Greg

Comment

Greg, I have to agree with Tom regarding the black thread. I have both a breast eagle and hat eagle on the ****e backing and neither of them are highlighted using black thread. Both have different bullion highlights, but all of the thread in both the wreaths and the eagles themselves are gold in color. The breast eagle has a metal and screw backing to it and was used on the formal white mess jacket, so it was easier to remove for cleaning. Both came from the same U-Boat commander.

Comment

Thanks Konder, What appears to be black stitching is infact a really Dark Blue/black.

Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X