Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by R.R. View Post
        Hi Velasco,

There is some info about it at post #311 at the cap tally thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=161009

Best Regards,

Ricardo
        I read it and I can understand than is impossible to know the difference,isn,t it?
        Many thanks

Comment

More lights are appreciated

Comment

Hello Fernando,

i also watched the auction on ebay germany, and i am shure it is tally from the Kriegsmarine/Reichsmarine period 1930-1937.
            Why ? Hard to explain in english.
            The official tallies from 1937-1939 are absolut identic to the first tallies from summer 1956, but the letters woven from artificial silk. End of 1959 the official Bundesmarine tallies were woven with a different method and different material, so you can recognize what is Kriegsmarine/Bundesmarine very easy, the the above mentioned thread.
            In time of Bundesmarine, after spring 1956, there were never official distributed tallies with letters woven from metall threads. But a lot were sold by the local dealers. They have a slightly different style of letter, most with more distance between the letters, and other materials as those from the 1930s. The ribbons are thicker and not with the touch of silk, the letters most with a tone of green, there were a lot of copper in the thread.
            The tally on the picture shows all signs of the 1930s, please post detail-pictures if you hold it in your hand, then we can say more about it.

Best regards
            Markus
            Last edited by CSForrester; 07-09-2013, 06:54 AM. Reason: orthographic mistakes

Comment

Hi Markus,

Curiously, my Muerwick tally has some green (verdigris) at metal lettering too and gold color looks less yellow than other tallies I have, I think it's a private purchased one:

Best Regards,

Ricardo
              Last edited by R.R.; 07-09-2013, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CSForrester View Post
                Hello Fernando,

i also watched the auction on ebay germany, and i am shure it is tally from the Kriegsmarine/Reichsmarine period 1930-1937.
                Why ? Hard to explain in english.
                The official tallies from 1937-1939 are absolut identic to the first tallies from summer 1956, but the letters woven from artificial silk. End of 1959 the official Bundesmarine tallies were woven with a different method and different material, so you can recognize what is Kriegsmarine/Bundesmarine very easy, the the above mentioned thread.
                In time of Bundesmarine, after spring 1956, there were never official distributed tallies with letters woven from metall threads. But a lot were sold by the local dealers. They have a slightly different style of letter, most with more distance between the letters, and other materials as those from the 1930s. The ribbons are thicker and not with the touch of silk, the letters most with a tone of green, there were a lot of copper in the thread.
                The tally on the picture shows all signs of the 1930s, please post detail-pictures if you hold it in your hand, then we can say more about it.

Best regards
                Markus
                Hi Markus
                Happy to hear from you and very complete the info you let us
                For sure I will be posting tally pics inmediatelly I receive it.

Bis Später

Fernando

Comment

@Ricardo:

hard to explain the difference without some tallies to compare in our hands .......
                  at first, your Marineschule Muerwik is shure a private purchased tally. With the change of the fonts to german script all "Umlaute" ae oe ue and so on changed to the german style with two dots over the vocal.
                  So - Muerwik is never an official distributed tally and - i guess it is longer than 120cm, an other prove for a non-official tally.
                  Otherwise it is from the time not post-war. All postwar produced tallies with metal letters i have seen are woven without the small "shadow"-dots around the letters on the obverse.
                  I will post some pictures to compare different Mürwik tallies next time.

Best regards
                  Markus

Comment

I have some problems to show the tallies in the best size, but may be you can see on the detailed M the difference to the Kriegsmarine. Also the structure of the ribbons is different. Otherwise these Bundesmarine tallies for Marineschule Mürwik with the long "sharp" s are very rare, most have already the small round s.

Best regards
                    Markus
                    Attached Files

Comment

... and the reverse, also the obvers of the 2nd pattern tally with artificial silk. The first edition from spring 1956 - is identical to the former Kriegsmarine tallies in artificial silk an you can only make a difference when they have full length.
                      Kriegsmarine artificial silk: max. 120cm
                      Bundesmarine: always about 150cm.

Markus
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have some problems to show the tallies in the best size, but may be you can see on the detailed M the difference to the Kriegsmarine. Also the structure of the ribbons is different. Otherwise these Bundesmarine tallies for Marineschule Mürwik with the long "sharp" s are very rare, most have already the small round s.

Best regards
                        Markus
                        Sorry Markus,Im a bit confused it is this one you posted here a km or bundesmarine?because If is bundesmarine has the same Sharp M than the one I bought it as you can see, I read the auction and it is 116 cm lengh
                        In mine both M are diferent style than Ricardo,s one
                        Last edited by L11-VELASCO; 07-09-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Fernando:

all pics i have posted are from Bundesmarine-tallies.

The difference to official distributed Kriegsmarine-tallies is:

-the letters have no small dots of gold or yellow around the letters on the obverse
                          -they are longer than 120cm
                          -if you you strip with fingertips over the letters - they are woven "on" the ribbon, while the Kriegsmarine-letters are more woven "into" the ribbon. You feel much more up and down on Bundesmarine-tallies.

If you hold your tally from ebay in hands, you can check it and you will also see, that the kind of weaving is different. 116cm is the standard lenght for official distributed KM-tallies, exact the length published in every MDV 260 (Marinedienstvorschrift 260 Anzugs- und Bekleidungsbestimmungen für die Kriegsmarine).

As i said, hard to explain in a foreign language and without any examples in to compare in hands. Wait until your Marineschule Mürwik arrived.

Markus

Comment

Ok Markus,I will be back when tally is here

Thanks

Comment

While the Mürwik arrives to me I want to post here this one UNTEROFFIZIERSCHULE for sure an early BUNDESMARINE than overpayed(30 euros)in a militaria shop in Berlin,then I didn,t know nothing about early bundesmarine with Gothic script and I bought it as km one and then I posted here and I discovered the real thing.....
                              but Im not very sad at all,now I consider this one an interesting cap tally and I can see that you stated Markus(small and round S in SCHULE)but I try see the dots gold around the letters with another KM(UNTERSEEBOOTSCHULE) I own too to compare both and I can not see the difference with the pics,may be I need find them and hold in hands to see the dots,etc

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

@Ricardo:

So - Muerwik is never an official distributed tally and - i guess it is longer than 120cm, an other prove for a non-official tally.
                                Hi Markus,

You're correct, my tally has about 140cm long.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X