X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trance Eyes: Those marinetag tallies are quite interesting, I never knew that. Thanks for sharing. You posted that they would change city venues, what other cities hosted this event? Do you have tallies representing those events?

I decided to post better pictures. Although, these are pretty lousy too. I will have to post scans probably. Poor lighting.
    They don't show too much age or weather deterioration like the Max Schultz and other tallies earlier posted. These are in really good shape.

Here are some more shots.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JustinG; 07-09-2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Close up of Richard Beitzen
      Attached Files

Comment

Close up continued Leipzig showing that it is metal thread.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JustinG; 07-09-2009, 09:18 AM.

Comment

The backs of Leipzig, Beitzen, Schoemann

The backs, showing the detail.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,
          JustinG
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
            It is Reichsmarine. All KM are gothic if you are talking about the TR period.

John
            Thanks, John

Guess you have moved my thread here. Wasn't sure where to post so if you think it's better to keep everything in one thread, absolutely fine with me.

Comment

Trance Eyes: Those marinetag tallies are quite interesting, I never knew that. Thanks for sharing. You posted that they would change city venues, what other cities hosted this event? Do you have tallies representing those events?
              Others are Berlin, Erfurt, Hannover, Neunkirchen/Saar, Hamburg.. This info is directly from Dani himself... He's the man with the most knowledge on these things!!
              Also I have none of the other cities, Dani may have these in his collection.

Another interesting thing is the 2 Marinenachrichtenstelle Tallies are actually naval radio stations!!!

I still have a few tallies I haven't yet posted, when I get to them I'll photograph them and post

Comment

Someone today, got a really nice Paul Jakobi tally from Detlev's update today. Maybe we can see some scans/photos of it if it was purchased by a member.

I plan on starting to set up a display for the surface large ships Zerstorers and higher. The problem I am having is that I keep seeing more and more items that I want and I am purchasing them, Causing me to have to rearrange to keep order. This is difficult becasue it took me about 3-4 hours to make sure that the tallies posted earlier were straight and that there was not much slack to make it asthetically pleasing.

I will definately post pictures as well as how I am assembling to as give some persons an idea of how I completed the task of mounting.
                Regards,
                JustinG

Comment

Congrats!

So, you got that nice gold thread Jacobi tally nachtundnebel?

It looked like a beauty. Hope to see some really nice shots of it here soon.

Congrats on your magnificent find.
                  Regards,

As you can see, the Jacobi eluded me for quite some time. I have a photo album from a sailor who finished the war on the Paul Jacobi. I had been looking for that tally when I was able to use this forum and arrange a trade with a fellow collector here and now I have my example.

Tallies can become addicting.
                  I started with one named ship, the Jacobi and now as you can tell, I have sunken into a deep obsession, trying to gain the capital ships and such.

Once again, congrats.

Regards,
                  JustinG

Comment

How hard is it to find a Panzerschiff Admiral Graf Spee cap talley? I would like to find one to go with a uniform group I have.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Graf Spee

Oh no I've got competition! I too am looking for a Panzerschiff Admiral Graf Spee talley since my Dad served on it in 1937 and I'd like it go with his photo in uniform.
                      We seem to be in a lull in the market and the only two I've seen in recent months were the ridiculously overpriced one sold on consignment by the very knowledgeable and informative Collector's Guild website, and one with the ends cut off showing just the words that sold from Detlev as part of a group of cut talleys at a very reasonable price.
                      The quest continues for a decent one at a reasonable price.
                      Too bad I'm up against such a seasoned collector as yourself.
                      Best regards,
                      ---Norm

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                      How hard is it to find a Panzerschiff Admiral Graf Spee cap talley? I would like to find one to go with a uniform group I have.

Bob Hritz

Comment

The Panzerschiff's and Schlachtschiff's seem to be everyone's "Everest" With regards to tallies. The Admiral Graf Spee is sort of a rare one and I have had several people offer me tallies and if they have a named ship in their collection, they are more reluctant to sell them.
                        One just sold on the collectors guild for $975.
                        This is outrageous... but, none the less, it happened to sell to an owner I hope truly likes that tally because I don't believe he will ever see monitary return on that investment price he/she paid.

I too am looking for the Spee, Hipper, Scharnhorst, Geisneau, Lutzow, Nurnburg, Koln, and about 19 more destroyer tallies as well as some more flotille's such as the Sub flotille, (all) the Schnellboot Flottille"s (all) various school tallies, etc...
                        I have gotten hooked on this collecting area.
                        Best of luck to each of you.

Norm, I think it is wonderful that you are trying to complete a collection to keep your family history alive. I will definately keep you first in mind if I spot a Graf Spee tally.

I guess a Schnellbootflotile tally would be my desired one so I can have one to represent this branch of the Kriegsmarine (plus it is my favorite group with the Kriegsmarine)

Good luck to you too Bob.
                        Have you a collection of tallies or are you looking to build your collection starting with the Graf Spee?

Regards,
                        JustinG

Comment

grouping

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
                          Norm, I think it is wonderful that you are trying to complete a collection to keep your family history alive.
                          JustinG
                          Kind words Justin.
                          Here's the photo of my Dad when he was attached to the Graf Spee during the Spanish Civil War. Alex K on the Photo Forum kindly colorized it for me! I like both my original and the colorized versions for different reasons.

I was a bit shy at first acknowledging publicly that they were family photos because of the residual stigma of being of German descent when I was a kid growing up in small town Canada, but enough time has passed that I can look at them objectively and appreciate the history.
                          I can't afford to collect uniforms nor could I display them so I've collected the arm, breast and cap insignia, Sports badge, buttons etc. but need the Talley and a ight blue wool Schützenschnur with acorns to complete my plan to put together a framed display. I'm also collecting for a similar project for his photo as an officer later in 1944.
                          Best regards,
                          ---Norm

Comment

Norm,

Just a very nice way to honor your Father. Thanks for posting this. I will watch out for a Graf Spee tally for you so you will have help in this quest. It will show up sooner or later.

John

Comment

Thanks for sharing Norm. Will keep you first in mind for the Graf Spee tally.

Nice photo, very nice of Alex K to do that and a very nice job as well.
                              Norm,
                              Did your father serve exclusively on the Spee or what other units/ships did he serve?

Best of luck.
                              JustinG

Comment

Wow nice picture there Norm!!

I had the pleasure of Finally being able to get my uniform presentation photographed over the weekend. Its not the professional shoot that will be done some satge in the future but it is the very 1st shots I have of my rig..
                                This photo is my Spanish civil war Matrose -
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Trance_Eyes; 07-12-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X