Mouse grey hemet cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse grey hemet cover

Hi, I'm hoping someone has any expert advice about the german mouse grey helmet cover. I have seen one on germanhelmet.com and wondered if there were any wartime photo's and info about it's allocation and what theatres of war this garment was issued?

Damo

try helmet section

Comment

I used to own the one that was for sale. Though photographic proof is very difficult - it was manufactured exactly like the four splinter covers I owned (at the time).

The one I had was stamped and was real, without a doubt.

I believe they were issued with the mouse-grey parkas. A collector years ago bought a similar parka from a vet and shoved in the pocket was an identical mouse-grey cover.

Hope that helps.

TK

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Kibler View Post
        I used to own the one that was for sale. Though photographic proof is very difficult - it was manufactured exactly like the four splinter covers I owned (at the time).

The one I had was stamped and was real, without a doubt.

I believe they were issued with the mouse-grey parkas. A collector years ago bought a similar parka from a vet and shoved in the pocket was an identical mouse-grey cover.

Hope that helps.

TK
        Hello
        I have owned 2 , still have one . Got it as well with the matching parka , several years ago . From having had them in hand , I believe them to be original and made only in a very small # .
        Regards
        P-Y

Comment

Thanks for your posts guys, they seem a pretty rare piece of kit, I would love to see some photos and any original ww2 photos of them in the field.
          Many thanks Damian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X