Questions about veteran lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about veteran lot

Hello all- it's my first post to the axis/Int'l forum and I am hoping to find out a bit more about this lot- ww2 us army vet from Alabama- got a box of his (Italian ?) items and other trench art... It's a box that says (Algeria?) and written in pencil on the bottom "60 L" (lire?) in the box what looks like a Mussolini stick pin, a nice ring Palermo Sicily 1944, a bracelet ("sicily"), a mini butterfly knife that's pretty aged- a small copperish brass colored badge that reads "sommergibili" in blue enamel with a dolphin a crown (with 4 red glassy enamel pieces in it) and a pinback- a silver star with a screw back reading "sacconaghi corbetta?" Any help identifying the items is appreciated thank you!
    Attached Files

Next
    Attached Files

Comment

More
      Attached Files

Comment

And
        Attached Files

Comment

B
          Attached Files

Comment

Ring
            Attached Files

Comment

Lot
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello, the star is an italian star for troop soldiers, 1930/1940, the sommergibili badge is an italian submarine royal navy badge, a very great badge, rare, can you post the reverse ?
                The mussolini pin is a propaganda badge, the bracelet and the ring are two US soldier ' s souvenirs.

Comment

Thanks for the info Wehrmachtrsi - I didn't take any pictures of the reverse unfortunately, but I can post later this eve when I am home. Here's the best one I've got on it for now and it looks horizontal which I understand to be a bad thing.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the photo, it isn ' t a bad thing, the pin is original, private production, 1930s, i have a similar one, not great like your pin.

Comment

Thanks again WehrmachtRSI- it really is pretty neat looking- to be honest, im really impressed at the detail of it, and the pin- ive realized a lot of italian militaria is really very ornate and quite beautiful

Comment

Reverse
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X