Italian General Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian General Tunic

Wondering what your thoughts are on this tunic. Says it's a General Tunic. I noticed it for sale for a while. Wondering if something was wrong with it and that's why nobody bought it. Not to familiar with the white tunics.

ciao mate

ciao mate ...

I've seen this tunic several time online , nothing is wrong in particular ( besides to check if decorations are in a properly order ) ... basically is the price !!! too damn high for a model 34 white tunic .

just my 2 cents

best

Paolo

Comment

Italian Combat Tunics sell .....the dress stuff is more common and is slow especially
      Royal Army . Also enlisted stuff was worn out after war and more likely discarded making it harder to find. The Army and Navy officers basically hung there uniforms in the closets after the war as keepsakes like every other army. There was no stigma attached like RSI and MVSN .

Of course , if a general ranking tunic is named it has more value. Especially if he actually did something or is notable.

Comment

I agree with Dennis comments...as he pointed out most of your averadge fighting mans kit was worn after the dust of war had settled...such items as greatcoats & army trousers were particulaly usefull for every day wear and when cĺoth was ..as over here in Britain still on the ration well after wars end.. you wore what was available!!..but officer's had the money so were able to hang on to their better quality kit while wearing a nice suit in civilian life. So this makes enlisted mens uniform's more desirable to the collector due to fact not much now remains..cheers...

Comment

agree; an real common white dress tunic "upgraded" with metal shoulder board and
          buttons of general..
          cheers
          Raffaello
          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Originally posted by Raffaello Carola View Post
            agree; an real common white dress tunic "upgraded" with metal shoulder board and
            buttons of general..
            cheers
            Raffaello
            So really nothing is wrong with it in general, just common? What do you mean "upgraded"?

I'm not too familiar with the white tunics, I myself was just surprised it been for sale this long as a General tunic. I was curious to figure out what if anything was wrong with it.

Comment

He means it was probably rebadged as a General.

Comment

Originally posted by johnz138 View Post
                So really nothing is wrong with it in general, just common? What do you mean "upgraded"?

I'm not too familiar with the white tunics, I myself was just surprised it been for sale this long as a General tunic. I was curious to figure out what if anything was wrong with it.
                Johnz138...i think it's as already said just fine ...nice tunic... but a fairly common item...cheers..

Comment

white tunic are difficult to sell and are common available because many collectors
                  not interested.. adding buttons and metal shoulder boards of general "becomes"
                  a tunic easy to sell.
                  cheers
                  Raffaello

P.S. in the past all white tunic can I see not have the metal shoulder boards.....
                  "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Thank you for the info. Which shoulder boards would it use then?

Comment

Dear Jhonz,

the white tunic normally have the cloth shoulder boards of wool /cotton white below; that are much researched
                      by collectors because are used normally during the era for the tunic Sahariana in Africa; this is the question
                      why many white tunic are strapless and have the metal boards ( real common the metal boards)..
                      In the photo you can see the boards for the white tunic Blackshirt Frontiera (border guards) make part of an Sahariana tunic.
                      best
                      Raff
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Raffaello Carola; 12-21-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X