RSI perio M ROSSE or fakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSI perio M ROSSE or fakes

I bid on this on eBay but I'm afraid this are reproductions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Italian-034-...p2047675.l2557

Any help from the Italians I'm sure you are more up to date with the new fakes

Giorgio
    Attached Files

Interesting Giorgio,

When you get it you can compare the size with the regular pattern to see if they are same. If they were cast from the normal style then they will be smaller. You can see remnants of the markings on the back (in Italian language -reproduction prohibited etc) so I think they are castings from the early pattern with screw posts on the back, but was it done during the war or recently? I believe the ones made during the RSI era had no markings on the back, but the Italian collectors will know more,

John

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
      Interesting Giorgio,

When you get it you can compare the size with the regular pattern to see if they are same. If they were cast from the normal style then they will be smaller. You can see remnants of the markings on the back (in Italian language -reproduction prohibited etc) so I think they are castings from the early pattern with screw posts on the back, but was it done during the war or recently? I believe the ones made during the RSI era had no markings on the back, but the Italian collectors will know more,

John
      Thank you John, I was watching the pictures from my phone and were not to clear but I saw some late war RSI period made with that kind of attachment in the back but also some repro have the same attachement

Comment

Giorgio, I think they fakes. Here is a photo of the pin attachments of RSI period made ones. They are not mine, but a photo I archived.

Notice the pin back is a continuess loop not separate , similar to a Lorioli skull. They are also without maker.

Sorry for bad pic.
        Attached Files

Comment

Fronts

Also look at the sharp definition of the fasces. The one you posted seems liking this especially in the rods. As if cast.
          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting picture Dennis. On your example on the left one, you can see how on the interior cutouts of the "M" where the angles come together it is very crisp and pointy, but on Giorgio's the same areas are very curved as if made by another process. Also, your metal looks like zinc or something, maybe that is zamac, but the one ones that Giorgio posted look like a better quality metal like nickel.

Comment

What I meant to say in my last post was...... The one posted seems to be cast especially if you look at the rods.

Yes John , the use use of nickel would be quite contrary to RSI production, if that is what the material is. I would think RSI period production would be a zamac or zinky

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                What I meant to say in my last post was...... The one posted seems to be cast especially if you look at the rods.

Yes John , the use use of nickel would be quite contrary to RSI production, if that is what the material is. I would think RSI period production would be a zamac or zinky
                thank you both of you and see you soon at the SOS

Giorgio

Comment

agreed not an good one; during the RSI period the "M" not are marked back side
                  (in photo are marked) produced only in zinc.
                  cheers
                  Raffaello
                  Attached Files
                  "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X