Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Bersaglieri hut

Hi,
    What do you think about this bersaglieri cap? I have some doubts - the shape of the badge is a bit different than the most common one and the ribbon is brown where there should be white. Do you find it suspicious (like I do) or there are known original badges and ribbons like that?

I'll be grateful for any opinion.

Regards

Maciek
    Attached Files

Gottmituns,

I don't know the age of this hat but perhaps you would get a better answer to your questions if this thread were posted on the Italian forum. I can move it there for you if you wish.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

At first sight I don't see any problem with the hat but I agree that the brown colour on the ribbon is quite strange. There are some examples on old Bersaglieri hats where the white toned to light brown due the age but , in this case, it is really brown, deep brown!!!

Comment

Hi Maciek,

I don't see any Problem with your "Vaira"(Bersaglieri hat).It sports an officers badge.
        That "Brown" once used to be silver bullion... it simply oxidated with the years ;-)
        Nice plumes!
        Cheers,

Alex

Comment

Dear Gordon,
          It would be great if you could move this thread into Italian forum.
          Sorry for my late reply but I have some problems lately and haven't been to forum for 2 weeks.
          Regards
          Maciek

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
          Gottmituns,

I don't know the age of this hat but perhaps you would get a better answer to your questions if this thread were posted on the Italian forum. I can move it there for you if you wish.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

To say something about its age, it is necessary to have a pic of the inside.PaoloM

Comment

For me it's an officer vaira, on the cockade, a strip is not brown, but it is silver oxidized.
              From the shape, with the cap very pronounced, and the tense not very large, I think it's a hat from the early twentieth century, even the insignia
              seems to me this was. As rightly says Paul must have a photo of the logo of tailoring, inside.

Comment

Mine of WWII period, shows this badge and this marking inside.PaoloM
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Thanks for all your opinions! Here are the photos of hat's inside.
                  Regards Maciek
                  Attached Files

Comment

NO doubts ! Good IMO ! PaoloM

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X