Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Italy at War" Militaria Book Available

Ciao Gentlemen,
    Here is updated information concerning the 700 page militaria book called "Italy at War". I am still printing 100 hard back copies of the book. Only 100. I still need $2000.00 to have this many hard-backed. I have another large amount of money put away, but I do not quite have enough for the large print (for me it is large) run. So, I am trying something different to get the additional cash up for the print run. I am putting the full book, in full color, on digital download. This is my first time doing this. I have put our book on Gumroad. Perhaps some of you know of this outfit? They seem savvy and I have heard nothing but good about them. If you want the non-hardback book in digital format, you can order it down on your computer at https://gumroad.com/l/nBvOs Here is my carnival barker write-up for the book on Gumroad. If you want the book early...here ya go! All hard-back orders will be honored once the additional cash is raised. If you want your money back and get the digital download only, no problem, let me know and I will send your cash back. I do believe the hard-back books will become valuable some day. My opinion of course. Here is my Gumroad shpiel below:

Italy at War is the new Italian militaria book brought to you by Arditi Books! The 700 plus color and black and white pages, illustrate the uniforms, weapons, headgear, equipment, ephemera, personal items, stories, medals, and heavy vehicles of the Italian Fascist war machine of the 1930's through to the end of WWII. Much more is within than described here! Tropical and continental combat items are covered extensively within this monumental work! Some dress items are included, but the focus is on the items that the Italian soldier used in his fighting in Russia, Greece, North Africa, the Balkans, Europe and East Africa. This book was first released in 2010 at 415 pages with Russ Arendell as sole author; it has now (as of Oct. 2014) been expanded to 700 plus pages with additional documentation and artifacts from the co-authorship and efforts of Luca Balducci, Giorgio Tarelli and Jeff Leser. The book is currently priced at $49.99 for 700 plus pages of Italian military artifacts and written history. Many thanks for the wonderful chapter by Gunnar Abramson concerning the advent and growth of Italy's Fascist party and military before and during WWII. This book should be much more expensive considering the amount of pages that are here within and the price it is being sold at. I don't believe any student of WWII military relics and those fascinated by Italian military history will be disappointed

Order the digital download here. https://gumroad.com/l/nBvOs

Hello,

How do I order one of the books? And is the book same price as the digital download?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi John,
      The pre-pay price is $120.00 per hard book copy. After printing, the price jumps to $150.00. I hate talking money as it appears I am trying to gouge folks. My apologies. John, if you want a hard back copy, feel free to pm me Sir. I should print in a week or two at the latest.
      Best to all, Russ

Comment

Just for fun and as a thank you to Wehrmacht Awards and the others that I have garnered information from here and elsewhere over the years, I was thinking of offering a free-black and white download of the entire book this evening. This will only be for a short period (1 day or less maybe?) to generate buzz ( I hope) and let folks know of the quality of the book. No color of course. I'm uploading the free file to Gumroad now and will post here when it is finished. Download the black and white book for free!
        Best to all, Russ

Comment

Free black and white copy available for 1 day or less. https://gumroad.com/arditi

Comment

Books are here! I'll start sending off tomorrow. Thanks to all for the pre-orders and your patience with this method. I think you Guys will be pleased.

Some have expressed an interest in the book, we have about 30 copies unspoken and unpaid for. Post-printed books are $145.00 and 15.00 shipping within the US. Only 100 printed up. The first hardback I have done. They look nice! 700 plus pages of gear, uniforms, headgear, equipment, ephemera, mannequins/uniforms, stories, medals, etc. I quite proud of it! A hearty embrace to my co-authors, Luca Balducci, Giorgio Tarelli, Jeff Leser. It is what it is because of you Guys and your expertise. Thanks! Thanks to Steve Woodrum , Ralph Riccio, Paolo Marzetti, Walter Hardiman and many others in making the book that much better. Walter, you are the first pre-order, so you are numero uno Sir!
            a Warriors Embrace to all, Russ Oh, don't look at my son's stain on the carpet. Youngsters! (wink)

Comment

Third batch went out today. Post woman indicates they should be there Friday as you rest up from Turkey Day. Perhaps a day or more longer if snow is heavy in your region. I have not sent the overseas editions yet. I am quite anxious for some reviews.

The first 50 or so pages are Italy's pre-fascist history up through WWII. Gunnar Abramson did an outstanding job here. Thereafter, it is the uniforms, equipment, hand-held weaponry/tanks-artillery (thanks Steve), 100 plus pages of rare photographs only published in the earlier edition, ephemera, personal items, combat stories (thanks Ralph) and the rear of the book are multiple pages of mannequins with original uniforms and gear of the fascist period. Marsman, Walter, Airdale, Steve, Ralph, Jeff, Luca, Giorgio, Hunter, Steve, Mike, Paolo, Raphael, Dennis, Greg and many others were instrumental in making this book much better than it's earlier incarnation of 5 years back. I'm quite proud of it and the friendships and knowledge that I have gained as a result. All copies should be numbered and inscribed. A warrior's embrace to all! Reviews please!

Oh, I am not entirely pleased with the color brightness of the last uniform pages. Too much saturation in their printing process maybe? Let me know what you think. I am a bit anal retentive concerning this stuff perhaps.

Best to all, Russ

Comment

Get the free black and white copy here.... https://gumroad.com/arditi Both German and Italian Militaria books (in black and white) are downloadable free for a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardire View Post
                  Books are here! I'll start sending off tomorrow. Thanks to all for the pre-orders and your patience with this method. I think you Guys will be pleased.
                  Still waiting for the promised copy. PaoloM

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X