RSI officer of infantry field cap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSI officer of infantry field cap.

Hi all . Received this with a bunch of other RSI and itàlian items . Your opinion on this RSI field cap for an officer is welcome and appreciated.

It is Salo stamped and the date is 1944 both indicators of indeed the RSI period and the style does emulate
    a German cap...if real, pretty exciting!
    To me it looks promising, but I am not an expert on such rare items.

Comment

Sorry the Salo stamp is nonsense. Besides the wool of the hat is not any wartime I have ever seen.

Comment

I'm sorry but it's a fake, the wool, the liner, the stamp.... all wrong,
        and the insignia it's post war.
        Ciao, Luca

Comment

Thanks Luca,

This is the one I wish was good out of my haul. :-(

Comment

Sorry. PaoloM

Comment

!!

Terrible!

Comment

We appreciate the real fantasy of the maker..!! One of the most Amazing fakes of RSI items..

Return it to the one ho sold it to you..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by argan View Post
                    We appreciate the real fantasy of the maker..!! One of the most Amazing fakes of RSI items..

Return it to the one ho sold it to you..
                    It was so amazing that I had high hopes that it was authentic...wishful thinking!
                    Too good to be true.

Out of curiosity does a real one remotely look like this? With 1 button flap etc...

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                      It was so amazing that I had high hopes that it was authentic...wishful thinking!
                      Too good to be true.

Out of curiosity does a real one remotely look like this? With 1 button flap etc...
                      RSI caps by regulations are different. Quite similar at first glance but deeply different in construction, flaps, lining, wool or gabardine..
                      If you have a look at period photos you can see the differences..

it is true but that during that years many personal variations were made, also modifying period field caps, and this is the "paradise" for fakers: RSI items are often out of regulations, and this is the real difficulty for collectors. Be very careful with this field..!

Comment

fantasy

really a fantasy hat ... the most funny thing is " SALO' " !!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X