Early Italian M33 Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Italian M33 Helmet

I thought I would share this early Italian M33 Helmet I just picked. I've been over it thoroughly to make sure that it wasn't a former Spanish import that had been stripped of it's post was paint and I'm sure it's not. It was never re-painted dark green per the 1940 regulations either.

It's interesting because all of the early M33 i've encountered have had the fregio on the front. I though this one may have had one at one time, but the marks to the front are wear, not a former fregio.

Perhaps this example sat someplace and was issued later in the war?

The chinstrap has the House of Savoy marking, and the liner has the Arsenal Torino stamp on the inside. Interestingly, there is no mark on the the metal bracket for chinstrap.

It's named to the soldier complete with his rank.

Is it unusual to find an early helmet like this without a stencil? Was there a time when the REI phased out the use of a Fregio during the war?
    Attached Files

Details
    Attached Files

Comment

More details
      Attached Files

Comment

ETN...nice helmet.. ....pardon me for askin but did you get at a good price?...semovente.

Comment

Very good pre-WWII and WWII piece.PaoloM

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post
            ETN...nice helmet.. ....pardon me for askin but did you get at a good price?...semovente.
            Thanks! I paid a little bit under $200.00, so I think I got it for a fair price.

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo Marzetti View Post
              Very good pre-WWII and WWII piece.PaoloM
              Thank you. Was there a time during the war when they were no longer applying stencils to the front of the helmets before the the RSI period?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X