M33 Navy helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M33 Navy helmet

Hello, I have a question about an M33 Navy helmet. I was looking at the one that was posted in this forum a few days ago.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=741380

Nice looking helmet by the way.

Then I saw this one on another site. Is it an original one? If so, since it doesn't have the crown that mean it coulda been used after 1943? I have seen a couple of these around lately and it got me curious.

Thanks for any info.

original Italian navy helmet - after 1945!

Comment

Thanks for the reply tankredi, so it was after 1945. The whole helmet or the stencil? It has the rectangle chinstrap hangers, wasn't that one of the signs it was war time? But then the chin strap is a different color.

Comment

liner and strap are typical post ww2 navy arsenal refurbished.
        liner band is ww2 era produced due to the rectangular strap bails.
        remember: when these helmets were refurbished after ww2 they were often put together with m33 parts from different provenience and production date.

Comment

I have seen some mint beautiful ones that are completely original wartime with only the crown removed and the ring hand painted in its place. A few were found in a Navy arsenal in Italy. I wondered if those have a RSI connection.

Does anyone know if the round ring on top of the anchor was solely postwar used?
          In contrary with a helmet with the anchor that is devoid of both crown and the ring.

I am aware that known RSI anchors are a specific style, but these are Royal Marina helmets with just the crown removed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X