Local Flea Market Pick Up Italian Air Force "Atlantic" Pilot Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Flea Market Pick Up Italian Air Force "Atlantic" Pilot Wing

My friend picked this up today at a monday flea market we have here in Florida. I did not know what the A was so i told him id post to see if i could get some help. I found one that was almost like ti that sold on ebay a few weeks ago by flyingtigerantiques. Any help we can get would ge super!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hi there!

Very nice! 'A' means 'atlantic', for the flyer across atlantic sea!

Nice catch!

Best,

Comment

Originally posted by frank savage View Post
        Hi there!

Very nice! 'A' means 'atlantic', for the flyer across atlantic sea!

Nice catch!

Best,
        agreed with frank savage it seems one very nice original "A"eagles awarded to the crews of the 24 seaplanes that made the first atlantic cruise Roma-Ny-Chicago during 1933, under the most famous itlaian pilot commander Italo Balbo.
        Award not so easy to find due to the quantity issued ,it should be more or less 120 pieces, lucky shot!
        Andrea

Comment

..…it seems original.. , because the MFR marking should be smaller and centered , in this award is large and some letter are missing, the style of the pin is correct but not the design,and from the photo i don't like the patina too brilliant, but it is only one opinion..
          andrea

Comment

ooo

Ooo

i took some pics with my phone, thanks for the help on the wing. Im sure hope its a good one, ive had several sets of italian wings more then 10 and every set has been made and marked different. But ive been very wrong before, thank you all very much for the help and time.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NBolinger; 03-03-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

ere

Ere
              Attached Files

Comment

Really nice and original.
                The copies are not made in this way, with that kind of closure with the tube.
                a really nice rare badge.
                Ciao, Luca

Comment

as confirmed by Ardito , my first impression was good, and the further photos posted confirm that, so delete my second post!! again good shot!
                  have a nice day
                  andrea

Comment

Very nice, a killer one mate!!

Cheers,
                    Andrea.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the positive comments on the badge , im glad i baught it LOL. Thank you all for your time!

Comment

Outstanding pick up and based on the history as explained in this thread incredibly rare...must be rarer than most "rare" third reich items even.
                        Based on the numbers rarer than a knights cross even! the value is a different story of course..Congrats

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X