Italian Buckle Face?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Buckle Face?

Originally placed this in the wrong thread. I know the unit existed can someone tell me what this is and its era.
    cheers Robert
    Attached Files

Just a thought on this item... Looking at its construction and the saints depicted on it, maybe it is not a buckle but a plaque placed on a vehicle belonging to the regiment? Santa Barbara is the patron of artillery in several armies (the greek artillery has such plaques depicting her placed on all artillery pieces, I don't know if this has been a tradition in the italian army, too) and pictures of Saint Cristopher are often placed on vehicles, as he is the patron saint of travellers.

Sorry, I don't have any solid info on this, but I guess this might help in looking at a different possible direction!

Regards, Giorgos

Comment

Buckle?

thanks thats an avenue I never thought of. The unit has a long history from what I can make out on searching the internet. This is the back, it was affixed to something. I thought it interesting, enough so I paid $70AU for it at an antique fair here in Sydney. The seller is a coin dealer who I have known for several years, he bought this back in the 1970's.
      cheers Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

Buckle?

cloeup of the front.
        cheers Robert
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X