tropical paint steel helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tropical paint steel helmet

Thoughts on this Italian helmet with tropical paint?
    Are these usually also painted tan on the inside?
    Unit ID?
    Attached Files

inside view
    Attached Files

Comment

Side view...
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like its been hit with the dremmel I would give it a wide birth . Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hello,
          for me it looks suspicious... it doesn't convincing me.

Regards
          brus
          Last edited by brus; 01-27-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

i know nothing bout italian helmets but paint looks fake to me

Comment

Hallo Nick, not only inusuall the camo paint in the inner part but the sand paint in general on the m.33 are inusuall.
              This are very rarest al know without badges.
              This one not give me a great feeling!!

Comment

Thanks for the input! Its from an Australian dealer...I just wanted some input!
                I'll pass.
                This is the description:
                WW2 ITALIAN HELMET.Sand coloured for the North African theatre of operation, stencilled Facist emblem to the front.
                Has original liner and chinstrap in good condition. Hard to find in this condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafitte View Post
                  Hallo Nick, not only inusuall the camo paint in the inner part but the sand paint in general on the m.33 are inusuall.
                  This are very rarest al know without badges.
                  This one not give me a great feeling!!
                  Correct what Lafitte says in general about this helmet;sand painted helmets are well known without badges,but not with Black Shirts emblems or other. Uncommon this kind of sand paint,and the one applied on and inside doesn't give a good feeling.PaoloM

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                    Thanks for the input! Its from an Australian dealer...I just wanted some input!
                    I'll pass.
                    This is the description:
                    WW2 ITALIAN HELMET.Sand coloured for the North African theatre of operation, stencilled Facist emblem to the front.
                    Has original liner and chinstrap in good condition. Hard to find in this condition.
                    Out of curiousity Nick , who is the Australian dealer ??

Comment

Originally posted by FMS-Paul View Post
                      Out of curiousity Nick , who is the Australian dealer ??
                      Its available at this dealer for $550 Australian dollars.

Its not mine... its available at this Australian dealer for $550 Australian dollars. You can buy it!!!
                      http://www.henrysmilitarycollectables.com.au/

Comment

The helmets that I had that were brought back from Eritrea, Afrika were olive green. Dried up (see link) they looked sand collored, but when oiled in: light olive green

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=408769

Comment

Hallo Dmv, i have my doubts on this 2 helmets.
                          These look like bulgarians m.51 for the rivets open in 4 parts in the inner.
                          Of couse with better pics we can do more considerations.
                          In that part of Africa with the various wars usually received weapons and equipments from the East block.
                          About italians equipments i think that are very rarest in that zones, the extreme poverty destroy and recicled every thing.
                          Already after the 1941 the zones was under the british control so large parts of equipmentes of REI depots now are on Ebays of the Commonwealt nations!!!

Comment

No doubts on both the helmets coming from Eritrea:they're in fact Bulgarian M.51 (first pattern) with straight rims.Several particulars look Italian, but the shape is really different, and they're difinitely of Bulgarian origin,
                            exported in several countries of Africa and central America.PaoloM

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                              Its available at this dealer for $550 Australian dollars.

Its not mine... its available at this Australian dealer for $550 Australian dollars. You can buy it!!!
                              http://www.henrysmilitarycollectables.com.au/

Nick, nothing excites me on that site.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X