Spanish Civil War helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Civil War helmet?

...And here's another one. I believe this one is Czech produced and utilized in Spain, circa Spanish Civil War era? Appears to have been re-finished at one point, (I guess this was common) but the same soldier's initials appear scratched into the rear apron as well as having been written on the leather of the liner. The badge is intact and the liner and chinstrap are complete. It's a dull green in color, please excuse the poor photos as my flash was on its way out. If anyone can confirm it's vintage I'd appreciate hearing from you! thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Milton; 02-19-2009, 11:31 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Yes it is a Czech made M.30 steel helmet issued to the Internat. Bdes but
          at the end of the war refurbished for the Francoist Army and used shortly
          after the 40's. Generally the badges on these helmets were brass, not painted.
          Cheers,PaoloM

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

This helmet maybe worn during the spanish civil war perfectly, but the badge is post 1939 clearly.
              It´s repainted by some collector. In the spanish army these badges were never worn painted but in brass and with the Saint Jack cross in red.
              Regards
              Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X