rsi marine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rsi marine

saw this for sale and pondering on buying it, its described as rare but as i know nothing about rsi berets would like any opinions on it before i have a go at it, thanks dave
    Attached Files

Dave,
    the green beret is postwar (the leather bord ) the embroidered cloth badge is an repro.
    cheers, Raffaello
    "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Hi Raffaello, and this? Is it a post war beret? The bord isn't leather but "tela cerata" (excuse me but I don't know english word).

Please let me know...

Cheers
      Partisan

Comment

Thank you very much Raffaello you have saved me from spending quite a few ££ on a duffer, cheers Dave

Comment

Salve Partisan,

very intersting never seen before.. the color in photo is an dark blue
          my personal idea is an submarine cap; the bord in (tela cerata oilcloth)
          is possible wartime, the plastic liner inside (water protection) is celluloide?
          unfortunately at moment I never seen an photo WWII or postwar with this cap.
          un saluto, Raffaello
          Last edited by Raffaello Carola; 02-04-2009, 02:42 PM.
          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Ciao Raffaello,
            yes the color of beret is dark blue like italian navy color and the inside protection is celluloide...
            I don't understand wath it can be. You think something about Regia Marina, I must say that I founded the beret together 2 "Regia Marina" sailors cap, but I never see it in some, time images.

Thanks and regards.
            Partisan

Comment

Dear Gaetano,

I have found those photos RSI period.
              saluti, Raffaello
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Raffaello, nice photos!
                But I don't understand if the beret of first sailor has leather bord...

Partisan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X