Some more from the web...
    Attached Files

Comment

rsi
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
        Is this a GNR official ?

Nick , first two pics on #366 are not GNR, but service arm of the Army by the single point collar tabs.

The first pic on #367 are GNR Officers in tropical or summer uniforms with the m42 hats are marching with GNR militiamen

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
          Nick , first two pics on #366 are not GNR, but service arm of the Army by the single point collar tabs.

The first pic on #367 are GNR Officers in tropical or summer uniforms with the m42 hats are marching with GNR militiamen
          Thanks Dennis I agree with your comments on #366, mostrini lack the swallow tail...as shown here (MVSN mostrine)
          Attached Files

Comment

RSI troops with tan painted German helmets ! HG Div hand-me downs?
            Note Italian holster, Breda MG and Italian camo pants!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 07-26-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Nick, that should be Italian SS Btl. Debica in North-West Italy.
              Where does the picture came from?

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                Nick, that should be Italian SS Btl. Debica in North-West Italy.
                Where does the picture came from?
                oh OK that makes sense...I am so used to seeing Italian SS troops issued with standard Italian helmets
                it never crossed my mind that these could have been Italian SS...I automatically assumed these were RSI army troops...
                Source: Image "borrowed" from an Italian web site or blog, I don't remember...
                I don't read Italian...

Comment

the one at #366 is Moschettieri delle Alpi, according to his badge.
                  right side: Polizia Repubblicana
                  PaoloM
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Paolo Marzetti; 04-22-2017, 03:15 AM.

Comment

in photo #370 is Aldo Resega killed by partisans 18 December 1943
                    Resega is the chef of PFR in Milan during the RSI after the death the
                    VIII Black Brigade took the name.
                    Last edited by Paolo Marzetti; 08-22-2016, 03:36 AM.
                    "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

In #366 that's an interesting Bustina, Appears to be Air Force style.
                      I really like the large Gladio/wreath on the bustina !

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo Marzetti View Post
                        the one at #366 is Moschettieri delle Alpi, according to his badge.PaoloM
                        I agree ,but he must be from a service branch of that unit or after they were absorbed by Divisione Littorio . Normally aren't the tabs shown mounted on a similar to Decima tabs in shape ,but in black.

See photo below.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Dennis S; 07-26-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

the book of Andrea Lombardi is an very good source with over
                          200 photos
                          Attached Files
                          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                            oh OK that makes sense...I am so used to seeing Italian SS troops issued with standard Italian helmets
                            it never crossed my mind that these could have been Italian SS...I automatically assumed these were RSI army troops...
                            Source: Image "borrowed" from an Italian web site or blog, I don't remember...
                            I don't read Italian...
                            IMO Debica was the only Italian SS unit issued with German helmets and German WSS uniforms.

Comment

In the famous photos at Mariano Comense(1944), where all the Italian SS have been deployed for parade to receive awards, some units of the Debiça were issued with Italian M.33s either with or without stencilled runes shields.
                              In my area(Umbria, central Italy) the Debiça fought on March/April 1944, and the most part of these troops wore Italian M.33s.I've one specimen of them, object of an article of mine on a next Italian magazine Uniformi & Armi.
                              PaoloM

Comment

Paolo,

May I ask, how do you know that the soldiers you are refering to were Debica's and not others Italian WSS units?

The only thing I can tell you about that ceremony, is that on one picture you can see a WSS unit with German SS DD helmets and german WSS uniforms: I actually believe they are Debica's, since, there were no german WSS unit at the ceremony and, on the second or third row of such unit, you can actually see that very kind of sand-camo german helmets we were talking about.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X