Italian made German cap eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
    Here is a beautiful Italian made eagle on red. There are metallic sequins under the wore wreath surrounding the awastika.

Why on red??????

Bob Hritz
    Most likely on red becuase it was used by the Italian Waffen SS (my theory at least) even though its not an SS pattern eagle... Italians probably weren't that picky I would imagine!

Comment

I just listed this on the e-stand to pay for some other recent aquisitions... I hope this finds a good home with one of you Italian collectors!!

Thank you AGAIN for educating me on these eagles. I'll never alter a piece again without checking here FIRST!!

Mike

Comment

here one of mine, local flea market pick up by a friend
        Last edited by ITALIANWARFRONT; 04-16-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I LOVE that Italian made M-43 cap. I would like it in my collection!!!!

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I am bringing this thread up to the top again because a member sent me these photos and asked me to get ebony to post them on the forum then I went and lost them on my computer. Well as they say "better late than never"

Hope you all enjoy and who knows it may get this really interesting thread going again.

All the best and happy a great new year with lots of good finds,

Chris (90th Light)
                Last edited by ebony; 12-30-2008, 04:56 AM.

Comment

The images are too big. Late here downunder tonight, will resize and post tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is Italian made or not but it not German made.
                    It came in a veteran lot. The swastika appears to be gold. The
                    wool backing is a blue gray?

Keith
                    Attached Files

Comment

back
                      Attached Files

Comment

Keith, I have to admit that I do like this bird. Matt

Comment

And what do you think about this one? Most likely a fake, but would like to hear your opinions

The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

This is a great thread with some interesting opinions and ideas. In most other military insignia collecting fields; US, Brit, French, etc locally made insignia is highly prized by collectors. When you consider the german military occupied most of Europe, half of Russian, some of North Africa and were stationed in Italy for almost 4 years IMHO a lot of locally made german insignia has to exist but the TR collecting community doesn't seem to value it at all and I don't understand why.
                            Here for your consideration are three eagles obtained many years ago in a lot of good WW2 Italian insignia.
                            Garth
                            Attached Files

Comment

Back view
                              Attached Files

Comment

Garth,

Very nice eagles. I really like the top right one.

Keith

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X