Artillery officers waffenrock named

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillery officers waffenrock named

I have this minty Artillery Waffenrock for an officer named "Horney" apparently! Any opinions and help finding this officer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guy's.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Howard,

Nice tunic!

In the 1939 German Army Rank List there is only one "Horney". He is a Lt. in Artillerie Rgt 29. He was promoted to Leutnant on 1 Apr 1937 and is listed as being the Adjutant of II Abteilung. He does not show up in the '44 rank list, nor in the DKiG or RK award lists.

Although his tunic rank is Hauptmann, there is an Oberleutnant Walter Heinrich Wilhelm Horney listed on the German War Graves Commission's website who is shown as being MIA/KIA near Tscherwen, Belarus on 2 July 1941.

Tscherwen is about 20km southeast of the Minsk city center and the Battle of Bialystok-Minsk took place from 22 June - 9 July 1941. Artillerie Rgt 29 (mot.) was part of the 29th Infantry Division which was assigned to the 4th Army. The 4th Army played a central role in this battle. The attached picture shows Russian prisoners going into captivity in Minsk on 2 July 1941 (same day as he goes MIA/KIA). Photo source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...%E2%80%93Minsk

If that tunic was mine I'd be comfortable with the knowledge that this is probably his tunic.

Best regards!

Bob
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                            Howard,

Nice tunic!

In the 1939 German Army Rank List there is only one "Horney". He is a Lt. in Artillerie Rgt 29. He was promoted to Leutnant on 1 Apr 1937 and is listed as being the Adjutant of II Abteilung. He does not show up in the '44 rank list, nor in the DKiG or RK award lists.

Although his tunic rank is Hauptmann, there is an Oberleutnant Walter Heinrich Wilhelm Horney listed on the German War Graves Commission's website who is shown as being MIA/KIA near Tscherwen, Belarus on 2 July 1941.

Tscherwen is about 20km southeast of the Minsk city center and the Battle of Bialystok-Minsk took place from 22 June - 9 July 1941. Artillerie Rgt 29 (mot.) was part of the 29th Infantry Division which was assigned to the 4th Army. The 4th Army played a central role in this battle. The attached picture shows Russian prisoners going into captivity in Minsk on 2 July 1941 (same day as he goes MIA/KIA). Photo source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...%E2%80%93Minsk

If that tunic was mine I'd be comfortable with the knowledge that this is probably his tunic.

Best regards!

Bob

WOW! And you were able to find all this with just the last name??? Where can I find the army rank list! Top notch research, I’m impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Uniform

Bob, Wow indeed! Thank you for your time and effort. That's some great info and I really appreciate it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X