Breast eagle id help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breast eagle id help please...

Hello folks. Anyone recognize which organization this tunic-removed breast (or sleeve), eagle represents? Resembles an NSKK bird but w/o the scroll...Silver wire on a brownish / olive colored background....Sorry for the fuzzy photo. Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Milton; 01-19-2020, 01:08 PM.

Wait for better opinions to be sure but I agree: looks like a NSKK arm eagle with the top bandeau trimmed off to me as well

JC

Comment

Thank you. Interesting, as it came in a group which also included a set of tunic-removed Transportkorps Speer tabs..wonder if they came from the same tunic?

Comment

If my information is correct, in 1944 / 5, Transport group Speer wore NSKK pattern eagles without the "NSKK" scroll. This may be an example that had the scroll removed or a rare example of an eagle made without a scroll.

Alen

Comment

Well that would certainly make sense...Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Milton,

Based on the border around the eagle, it looks like the rare one w/o scroll mentioned by Alen....please post a pic of it with the tabs. Nice find!

Fred

Comment

Thanks again for your reply. Yes, the border completely encompasses the eagle...doesn’t appear to me at least, to have been trimmed. I will post up a better shot tomorrow. Thank you again for your feedback!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X