General Tunic of Wilhelm Ulex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
    Beside that all the Insignias are fake and aged, go and compare the period Picture with this.

(...)

First, where are the Pockets? Second, look close at the Tab ( period Picture early Tabs, this Tunic cheap fake tabs and very very cheap fake Boards).....
    +1, this definitely is not the same tunic, even if someone may have tried to model it after the pic (which is one of a few found on the web).
    Last edited by GdC26; 10-20-2019, 02:55 AM.

Comment

1+ Someone found this Picture and based on it, he try to build himself the Tunic. Didn't work that great

Originally posted by GdC26 View Post
      +1, this definitely is not the same tunic, even if someone may have tried to model it after the pic (which is one of a few found on the web).
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by baldwinloco12 View Post
        Thanks, I am fairly new to this and I have known the seller a long time... I guess I got burned, don't have to be rude about it. I appreciate the feedback.
        Sorry to see that you've been sold a dudwe've all been burt at some point for sure stick with the forum even though some members just cannot help coming across, as you mention, being rude. It's worth being a member here for the knowledge attained

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think this one has been floating around the Max and SOS for years. In person, it doesn't even look as good as it does in the photos provided. I am pretty sure all insignia is reproduction and artificially aged, and I was never a fan of the entire collar set up. I see the YouTube video is now set to "private", so that may be another tell.

I hope you can get your money back - I hope you don't get screwed. I'd also be interested to see who sold it to you.

Also, if the SS tunic in the photos is alleged to be original, you may want to post that one for opinions as well.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
            what, you'd be more of of a dick than you normally are?

You obviously have a lot of knowledge on the subject, i appreciate and respect that - but, imo, your poor disrespectful behavior towards other members is not worth having you on this forum.

+1

Comment

Its not a Question if it was his or not....now to say it the direct way. The hole Tunic is total Crap. A General who would get something like this from his Tailor would go and shoot the Tailor. As more as i look at the Insignias, as more they are Fake. And the first Question you should have ask yourself is why someone sells a Generals Tunic with known whereabouts for 4K US? Right there you should have said....no thanks...Bye Bye.

https://deskgram.cc/p/1962577682879007775_9762527342

Give it back asap.....you dont want anything from this Tunic, not the Buttons not the Effects nothing.

That confirms it - this tunic has been at the Max and SOS for several years with no takers, for obvious reasons. The seller is a member here.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
                I'm going to be the odd man out. The tunic looks just like the one in the period photo with the autograph, especially the placement of the collar tabs and the unique breast eagle.

Steve

Hi Steve -

It is hard to see in the Ulex photo, but it is actually signed as "General der Artillerie" and you can just make out the pips on the shoulderboards - the OP's tunic, obviously, does not have them. I am with Johnny and Antique on this one.

V/R,

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                  Hi Steve -

It is hard to see in the Ulex photo, but it is actually signed as "General der Artillerie" and you can just make out the pips on the shoulderboards - the OP's tunic, obviously, does not have them. I am with Johnny and Antique on this one.

V/R,

Don
                  Hi Don,
                  After following this thread every day, I agree with you and Johnny, et al, that I was wrong in my initial assessment. The close up picture convinced me. I do say, though, that this has been a great thread to follow!!
                  Cheers,
                  Steve
                  ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Beside that all the Insignias are fake and aged, go and compare the period Picture with this. And then there should not be any more Question. First, where are the Pockets? Second, look close at the Tab ( period Picture early Tabs, this Tunic cheap fake tabs and very very cheap fake Boards).....

Baldwinloco12..
                    it’s unfortunate that when you purchase something that’s not real people seem to want to make you feel worse, which is a shame as this forum is supposed to be for help and sharing knowledge..

This eight button tunic is a
                    Gesellschaftsrock der Officiere which only Generals we’re permitted to wear up until the end of WW11. Before the Nazi period any Officer could wear this type of tunic.

The insignias in the picture are defiantly not the same, but for what I can see of the poor pictures and my smallish iPhone screen the actual tunic looks ok. Guess the front buttons would have been a silver colour.

As for AntiqueWW2 comment about question 1
                    Where are the pockets..
                    Well these type of tunics never had patch pockets they had slashed... which you can clearly see in the pictures...

Good luck with the return of this item.

Best
                    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Silberkreuz View Post
                      As for AntiqueWW2 comment about question 1
                      Where are the pockets..
                      Well these type of tunics never had patch pockets they had slashed... which you can clearly see in the pictures...
                      Colin,
                      I think AdlerWW2 was referring to the pic showing Ulex wearing the general's tunic. That tunic does not appear to have breast pockets, whereas the tunic that purports to be Ulex' tunic does. This what AdlerWW2 and I base our conclusion on that the tunic at hand is not the one shown in the Ulex picture, and, combined with the bad insignia and other features identified in the thread, that the tunic is bad.
                      Kind regards,
                      Sandro
                      Last edited by GdC26; 11-01-2019, 04:17 AM.

Comment

I was referring to the Picture shown in the Thread from Ulex, and this Tunic clearly not has any Pockets visible. So it is not the Tunic posted in the Thread. Insignias on the Tunic are all bad, so is the Tunic itself as well. There was a Youtube Video what is now made private, where you could very easy see that the Tunic is bad, very very bad.
                        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Have you gotten your money back yet?

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X