• Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK tunic on estand

Hey gents,

What do you think of this one?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=989192

Hello,

The tunic is nice, all the insignia is original but has been replaced. To me it is worth the sum of its parts.

Fred

Comment

Not a 'DAK' tunic - this is a stripped 2nd pattern tropical tunic with replaced insignia as Fred states - and only worth the sum of its components.
      Mark
      NZ

Comment

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
        Not a 'DAK' tunic - this is a stripped 2nd pattern tropical tunic with replaced insignia as Fred states - and only worth the sum of its components.
        Mark
        NZ
        Agree+1

Though the seller descibes it as a tropical tunic correctly. DAK jackets were worn in Afrika. Tropical all over the Sud Front. Original jacket & insignia but put together post war. The AKCT is a later style version and was not worn during the war but found in bundles post war. $ = the sum of the parts.

Comment

In my opinion it would be a total waste of money because I seriously doubt I could be resold easily in case the seller would like to upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
            The AKCT is a later style version and was not worn during the war but found in bundles post war.
            Not questioning anyones none to gently delivered expertise. Just verifying, the woven AFRIKAKORPS cufftitles were never actually worn? Or there are worn and unworn versions?

Comment

Originally posted by Wartime Collectables View Post
              Not questioning anyones none to gently delivered expertise. Just verifying, the woven AFRIKAKORPS cufftitles were never actually worn? Or there are worn and unworn versions?
              The early olive AKCT's were issued and worn on tunics. The later tan version was found in bundles at wars end and were not issued. Though you often see them on tunics today...

This thread may help....

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=723778

A 2nd pattern tunic with an AKCT should be questioned as to when the insignia was applied imo.
              Attached Files

Comment

Superb!

Comment

Thank you all from the interesting and helpful information's.
                  I will lower the price on this jacket and should be a fair one since all the components are original.

Giorgio

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X