German Tunic. Real or reenactor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Tunic. Real or reenactor?

A friend asked me to post this tunic. It looks a little too crisp to me. But, many of you know far more about uniforms than I do. There are no tags of any kind. Small size. Little wear. No mothing. Is it a repro or a super clean original. Thanks for your help. Always appreciated.
    Attached Files

More photographs. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

"a little too crisp to me"

Please explain that?

Looks like an original late war tunic that may have reapplied insignia.

Comment

Johnny,

I was concerned that it might be too clean. As I mentioned, I don't know much about uniforms. I may be looking at it too hard. Your input is much appreciated.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          "a little too crisp to me"

Please explain that?

Looks like an original late war tunic that may have reapplied insignia.
          Agree, looks to be an original example. Any soldier shoul have at least 3 (or more ) jackets. Some for field use, some for walking out use. So some could have some visible use and some can not.

Comment

Put together, collar tabs are set wrong.

Comment

Original Mint Tailor made jacket in EM cloth+lining .
              Badges original applied ? hard to determine actually , even if the collar tabs are not sewn what we think to be in a"correct"manner .
              But why not originally applied also ...
              Nick

Comment

Thanks to everyone. I really appreciate the help. I do think that I look at some of this stuff too hard sometimes. I'm glad to hear the uniform is good.

Andy

Comment

One tab is high and one tab is low?

Comment

Originally posted by jmcm View Post
                    One tab is high and one tab is low?
                    Yeah I noticed that as well...one tab is not aligned right to the top of the collar... Thought it was just hanging...came loose or something...If its stitched on like this the insignia has been amateurishly remounted! Good uniform + good insignia otherwise! Easy to fix!
                    Attached Files

Comment

IMO, original late-war tunic with reapplied insignia - the eagle looks to have landed most recently!

Don

Comment

Original tunic. Not "too clean". In fact most junior officer tunics are about this condition that I've seen.

Whoever applied the insignia seems to have purposely applied them quite loose. That eagle looks like its about to fall off! Original insignia, but they really should have been restored a little better than this.. and right side up too.

-Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X