Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father & Son Grouping

Greetings,
    I wanted to share my latest find with the WAF collecting community. This old ration box was found in the attic of a house in Carterville, MO. The person that found was helping rewire the house.
    Attached Files

The father was a WWI veteran that also served in the Army of Occupation. The son was a WWII Soldier that served in an Artillery Unit of the 80th Infantry Division. The box was sent home to a house in Decatur Illinois.

Comment

a
      Attached Files

Comment

More Photos
        Attached Files

Comment

b
          Attached Files

Comment

c
            Attached Files

Comment

The uniform survived because it was cotton and not wool. The shoulder boards spent the last many years inside the document photo. The Volksturm armband was in the fold and was bitten along the edges.
              Attached Files

Comment

The use of the ration box is a reminder to the problem that the GIs had in trying to ship souvenirs home.
                Attached Files

Comment

One can only wonder what goodies this box contained. Sometime in its history the Dad's WWI uniform found its way to the box and was moved the 400 miles to Missouri.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very cool grouping, well done.

Comment

I found a picture of the Father and Son in the General Electric News, Fort Wayne Works where the father worked as a machinist.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great grouping! Matt

Comment

Hello Marion,

Awesome grouping!!!The WWI set is super in it's own right. The card board ration box is rather a scarce item. The German Flak ueberscub is phenomenal!!! WOW!!! That is one awesome slide on!!!

Fred

Comment

I am salivating over the flak artillery slide on those straps. I hooe they become available.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

The WWI uniform is absolutely great! Would be happy to run across one like that!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X