Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pls Help; Panzer Pink under Blacklight

Hi,

I have a set of what I believe to be original panzer officers boards and they glow orange under the blacklght. Is this ok? Is orange the only color or do some original boards glow in some variations of muted pink. I know a glow of a hot neon pink is bad. Does anyone have an experience they are willing to share? Thank you.

Perfectly normal for certain colors, pink among them.

Comment

Originally posted by PZKG View Post
      Perfectly normal for certain colors, pink among them.

Comment

Yes,some original Pz pink will glow orange.

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Black Light

I have a large sectioned plastic box that I keep my boards, straps, and tabs in for the purpose of killing any moths. I do this before I put them Riker mounts. I black lighted it once and only two pieces glowed. I remember one of them was parade Infanterie collar tabs for an officer. You could look at them though and know they were period pieces. I would not automatically discount your boards because of the black light test.

Comment

Once had a tropical 1st pattern tunic that had been up-graded at some point with original officers Pz insignia. The Pz pink boards glowed bright orange under the blacklight. No problem

Comment

I was aware of the orange glow of some original pinks, but does anyone know if the same orange glow has been observed on post-war pinks?

Comment

Feuerschutzpolizei will also glow. As stated, there are numerous colors that are original and will glow.

Comment

Its perfectly normal for some of the pinks to glow as has been pointed out above. The Blacklight is just another tool to use to help determine originality, not an end all be all. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Rheinmetall View Post
                    I was aware of the orange glow of some original pinks, but does anyone know if the same orange glow has been observed on post-war pinks?
                    I have never seen it on postwar "panzer", only wartime, and I have checked it many times on both. But that isn't conclusive, so keep checking.

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                      Its perfectly normal for some of the pinks to glow as has been pointed out above. The Blacklight is just another tool to use to help determine originality, not an end all be all. Matt
                      Yep, I agree. Blacklight helps but never stop thinking for yourself. Items that glow can still be original.

Jac

My collection: www.ww2-militaria.webklik.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X